Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Error while accessing svn repository: ...

Help
2010-02-01
2013-05-14
  • Alar Pandis
    Alar Pandis
    2010-02-01

Hi again!
    This problem appear also with earlier revision: when I click on "Repository access rights" appear "Error while accessing svn repository: (svn list -no-auth-cache -non-interactive -config-dir c: emp file://Repositories/Rep1/Projekt1|qgrep "/$"/255)".
    Any ideas?
    More thanks, Alar.

• Alar Pandis
    Alar Pandis
    2010-02-01

Also I see in Apache log error: "'qgrep' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.".
    Alar.

• Alar Pandis
    Alar Pandis
    2010-02-01

Also, in authentication file I see just

alar = r
    All the time! And with r settings I can't write to repository! Well, maybe connected to previous, maybe not. If I manually change it … works, but how can I do that via SVNAM?
    More thanks, Alar.

• Thomas Krieger
    Thomas Krieger
    2010-02-01

The installer asks about the grep command to use. Seems you misspelled the path and/or the filename. Check config.inc.php in the config directory and change the setting for the grep command according to your needs on your system.

Thomas

• Thomas Krieger
    Thomas Krieger
    2010-02-01

While adding access rights, keep in mind that you have to set the right the user has. Do you really add write permission to the mentioned user? It seems you have a problem in your rights set for your user. Without the structure and data in your database it is very difficult to analyze this.

Thomas

• Alar Pandis
    Alar Pandis
    2010-02-02

Hi and thanks!
    (1) There is qgrep command built in for Windows, I'm not sure it is … same and does it same. Must I find grep for Windows? Any suggestions?
    (2) I must admit I'm just system admin who tries to get it running and I'm not familiar with SVN inside structure/rep's/project's inside etc., maybe I miss something. I'd give for another user exact same rights via SVNAM and … for in acl file appear just I described before, another user is not described there at all. Probably I did something wrong.
    More thanks, Alar.

• Alar Pandis
    Alar Pandis
    2010-02-02

Including Repository user right: write.
    Alar.

• Alar Pandis
    Alar Pandis
    2010-02-02

Ok, tried with windows grep (grep 2.5.4). Hope it works.
    Starting at beginning.
    Did create repository - OK, SVNAM did it well.
    Create project, SVNAM did it … OK, probably, but how must it reflect with repository? I mean, must SVNAM make some dir's or write something into db …? Can't see that. Sorry, just beginner.
    More thanks, Alar.

• Thomas Krieger
    Thomas Krieger
    2010-02-02

Projects are organizational units which are not relected in the repository when created. A project you want to use to give administration rights to project responsible people to enable them to give read and erite permission to particular directories in the repository. It would be a goog idea to make yourself familar with svn. Did you read the documentation on http://svn-access-mana.sourceforge.net?

Thomas

• Alar Pandis
    Alar Pandis
    2010-02-02

Hi again and thanks!
    I'd read this manual, mostly I was interested in setup part of it … =)
    But, anyway, why this grep error appear?
    Error while accessing svn repository: (svn list -no-auth-cache -non-interactive -config-dir c: emp file://Repositories/Rep1//Projekt1|c:\ETC\Grep\grep.exe "/$"/1)
    … Also, now (during last command in error) I see that in root dir of c: appear files config, README.TXT, servers and dir auth and empty dir's svn.simple, svn.ssl.client-passphrase, svn.ssl.server and svn.username below it. Probably grep is working.
    More thanks, Alar.

• Thomas Krieger
    Thomas Krieger
    2010-02-03

Will check that problem with svn list

Thomas

• Alar Pandis
    Alar Pandis
    2010-02-03

Thank You!
    Alar.

• Thomas Krieger
    Thomas Krieger
    2010-02-07

There's a new release 0.4.1.5 online which should fix the problem with svn list. But keep in mind to check your repository paths. A repository path on a windows system normally should look like this: file:///c:/svn/testrepo

Thomas

• Alar Pandis
    Alar Pandis
    2010-02-07

Hi and thanks!
    Yes, now I could create repositories also outside SVNAM dir and also I see a path appear when I try "Repository access rights" and no weird dir's under root c: and rights seems to be ok (we'll see it ok finally when user's try to access it) … so, now I can look forward! =)
    Excellent support!
    More thanks, Alar.