Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Can't open config.inc.php for writing

Help
Ed Krumins
2010-08-10
2013-05-14
  • Ed Krumins
    Ed Krumins
    2010-08-10

Hello,

Maybe here isn't the right place to ask about my current issue but it's worth to try since I'm stuck with it. I couldn't manage to get past "start installation" phase. I receiving error "can't open config.inc.php for writing. Please make sure the config directory is writeable for the webserver user!" every time on page 6/6. This error appear in completely different environments (Windows Server 2003 x86 and Server 2008 R2 (x64)) with different subversion distributives, which means that I'm doing wrong some very basic thing. During troubleshooting I tried
    - run Apache service under explicitely created user credentials with proper privileges
    - run Apache service under default "system" user
    - adjusted acces controls up to "full control to everyone"
    In httpd.conf acces level to svnaccesmanager directory is set to "allow from all"
    I would be very appreciated for any suggestions.

Thank you

• Bullety
    Bullety
    2010-08-29

Dear ekrumins,

I don't know how it is on Windows because I did not install svn-access-manager on windows but I had this problem on debian.

On Linux, if you installed the svn-access-manager on /usr/share/svn-access-manager, the config directory is /usr/share/svn-access-manager/config.

But the install progress writes into /etc/svn-access-manager/ so this directory needed also the rights for the www-data from apache.

This solved my problem, maybe it helps you, too.

Best regards,
    Bullety

• Hi,

I've got the same problem on Windows 7. It's a bug in the php file [ install/install.php ].
    The line 2424 must be uncommented and the line 2425 must be commented.
    And next the line 2427

$configfile                             = "/etc/svn-access-manager/config.inc.php";

must be replaced by

$configfile                             = $configpath."/config.inc.php";

regards,
    Gawik