Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo
I'm finding that for some SVG files, the app seems to get stuck in a loop, though not necessarily infinite. This manifests itself in two ways: 1) I have some images that take 50 hours on a 32 CPU Solaris 10 box, and 2), some images - when using swfdump for info - will have single line segments with more that 800,000 arc segments. When looking at the arc segments, amny are duplicates.
This seems to in some way be related to the -cubic value. For some images, they will only display this behavior when the -cubic is 20 (which is what I am using trying to optimize the image size), while for others, it happens when the cubic is the default.
Any thoughts on this?
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.
I forgot to mention that on that 50 hour image (and there a re a lot of them), I can run them on a different machine, or with a different cubic, and it will finish in 0.20 seconds.
Philip de Nier
Yes, I've come across this many times. I also seem to recall seeing different behavior on Windows and Linux.
The problem is the algorithm that is used to approximate cubic bezier curves with quadratic bezier curves - flash doesn't support cubic. The algorithm implemented in libming
has a tendency to get it badly wrong. A complication is that one -cubic value will work with some images but not others.
I did find some articles on the Internet a year or more ago that described various approximation approaches, but I didn't get so as far as to find one that solves the issue.
It is possible that this libming bug report points to the issue:
"error threshold is not normalized. See url above for an example."