The core of STXXL is an implementation of the C++ standard template library STL for external memory (out-of-core) computations, i.e., STXXL implements containers and algorithms that can process huge volumes of data that only fit on disks. While the compatibility to the STL supports ease of use and compatibility with existing applications, another design priority is high performance.
What is new in the 1.1.0 release:
* Pipelined stream::sort, stream::runs_creator and stream::runs_merger are parallelized using MCSTL
* Restructured the source layout
* Overhauled the build system
* More compilers tested (see CHANGELOG)
* stxxl::vector: implemented some more functions
* And many many more: cleanup, reformat the code to a consistent format (Thanks, uncrustify!), obsolete files removed, fixed include dependencies, fixed lots of warnings, fixed lots of small bugs, add header compilation tests, ...