Menu

window focus problem?

zuka
2009-05-21
2013-05-28
  • zuka

zuka - 2009-05-21

Using the latest CVS build on ubuntu 9.04 and when I render an image and change focus back to the text editor pane I don't get a cursor caret so I can type.

I have to change focus to a different application then back to structsynth to get a caret so I can type...

all my other programs seem to work fine...

• Mikael Hvidtfeldt Christensen

Thats weird. I just tried on a VMWare with Ubuntu 8.04 and Qt 4.4 and that works fine. I have also built v0.9.5 on Ubuntu 9.04 withQt 4.5 and I didn't notice anything there (but I could have missed it - it was a very quick check).

What version of Qt are you using?
      What happens if you click the text field and press a key?
      Did previous checkouts work ok?

• zuka

zuka - 2009-05-25

using libQt 4.5.  Click text field and type and no input.... seems as if even though you click it doesn't capture input correctly. This is the first time I've built it for a while... I stopped using it for a few months then upgraded my OS to Ubuntu 9.04 so not really an accurate comparison.

• zuka

zuka - 2009-05-25

actually the problem also occured with the 0.9.5 release build (built from source), then I tried the CVS build to see if it would fix it and got the same results...

It could be something with my system but I haven't seen this problem in other apps...

• zuka

zuka - 2009-05-25

if I have the 3rd party video driver disabled I don't get any output on the screen when I try to render the struct model. but I am able to switch between the app and other windows and change focus and the cursor doesn't misbehave at all...

I'm guessing structsynth relies on opengl to render the model? maybe the cursor problem is something with my video driver..

• Mikael Hvidtfeldt Christensen

Hi, I just tried on Ubuntu 9.04 with Qt 4.5 (under VMWare) and there is no problem with the textedit field here.

Structure Synth use OpenGL for rendering, but the textfield is a plain widget... I'm a bit blank here I'm afraid.