#78 "nepomukservicestub nepomukstrigiservice" causes segfault


For full bug report see: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=226250

Here ist the quoted report:

"I installed and started the new KDE SC 4.4 on Archlinux yesterday with an old
KDE profile. I enabled the strigi indexing service. The service started but
after a few seconds it seemed to crash. It started again and again and again...
i think 5 times. Always it crashed after a few seconds (and i think always
trying to index the same file).

I created a new KDE profile. Then the indexing worked fine. It was able to
index all my files in my home. After some time it tried to reindex i think.
Then it crashed again (... and tried to come up 5 times again).

The dmesg was full of those messages:

nepomukservices[4867]: segfault at 7f3070103000 ip 00007f3084afef1b sp
00007f30749f3c48 error 6 in libc-2.11.1.so[7f3084a7f000+14d000]
nepomukservices[4944]: segfault at 7f975c100000 ip 00007f9772e43f5a sp
00007f9762d38c48 error 6 in libc-2.11.1.so[7f9772dc4000+14d000]
nepomukservices[4949]: segfault at 7fdea40ff000 ip 00007fdeb9a0bf52 sp
00007fdea9900c48 error 6 in libc-2.11.1.so[7fdeb998c000+14d000]

Today i tried it again with the same problems. Now i tried to start the service
from console with following command "nepomukservicestub nepomukstrigiservice".
The output was following:

nepomukstrigiservice(5153)/kdecore (KSycoca) KSycocaPrivate::openDatabase:
Trying to open ksycoca from "/var/tmp/kdecache-sven/ksycoca4"
nepomukstrigiservice(5153)/nepomuk (library)
<unnamed>::GlobalModelContainer::init: Connecting to local socket
Connecting to deprecated signal
nepomukstrigiservice(5153)/kdeui (KNotification)
KStatusNotifierItemDBus::KStatusNotifierItemDBus: service is
nepomukstrigiservice(5153)/kdeui (KNotification)
KStatusNotifierItemPrivate::registerToDaemon: Registering a client interface to
the KStatusNotifierWatcher
nepomukstrigiservice(5153)/nepomuk (strigi service)
Nepomuk::IndexScheduler::setIndexingSpeed: 2 SnailPace
TIFFReadDirectory: Warning, Blah.tif: unknown field with tag 37680 (0x9330)

I think "Speicherzugriffsfehler" means Segfault. Now i deselected the folder
where the .tif is in. Now it seems to work fine (indexing now...).

I don't know if it's the tif-file which produces this error. I had same problem
on another folder with large files. Disabled the folder in systemsettings and
it worked..."