starting problem in Ubuntu 13.04

aquarius
2014-04-04
2014-04-07
  • aquarius
    aquarius
    2014-04-04

Hi,

I just found this program by looking for internet radio streamers, and it appears to have good reviews. However, I am not able to install/start it. I installed the streamtuner2-2.0.9.deb package (and after installing python-keybinder). However, when I run /usr/bin/streamtuner2 I get:

File "/usr/bin/streamtuner2", line 1107, in <module>
    main = StreamTunerTwo()
    File "/usr/bin/streamtuner2", line 139, in init
    ui_file = [i for i in sum([[i, conf.share+"/"+i] for i in ["ui.xml", "st2.gtk"]], []) if os.path.exists(i)][0];
    IndexError: list index out of range

What is this about? I found this listed as Bug 919719 but with status "CLOSED WONTFIX" apparently because "Fedora 18 changed to end-of-life (EOL) status on 2014-01-14"?

What can I do to run streamtuner?

Thanks,
    Zsolt Kiss

• Mario Salzer
    Mario Salzer
    2014-04-06

Not sure why this specifically would fail, but you can try replacing the offending line with a static path:

ui_file = "/usr/share/streamtuner2/ui.xml"

But I presume there might be other errors turning up instead. Are you runnung Ubuntu now, or Fedora?

Otherwise try this development release:

http://milki.include-once.org/streamtuner2/streamtuner2-2.0.9.5.deb

It may run on Python3, but might choke on existing Gtk3 bindings. It also fixes the Shoutcast parsing.

Last edit: Mario Salzer 2014-04-06
  • aquarius
    aquarius
    2014-04-06

I am using Ubuntu 13.04. That line helped, but you won, there were other errors showing up. I replaced it with the development release from your link, but don't think to be happier. Not sure if some listings are errors, so I attach the whole stdin and err output.

Cheers,
    Zsolt

Attachments
  • Mario Salzer
    Mario Salzer
    2014-04-06

Hey, thanks for the debug output! This looks like you have it properly installed, but it trips over some Gtk/Pixbuf binding. Your last resort here would be try out the Gtk3 mode.

Find mygtk.py (in /usr/share/streamtuner2) and enable it with:

gtk = 3

With that it may also run on Python3 if 2.7 doesn't work on 13.04

(Also, if it's any consolation, I had a lot of trouble getting it to work myself after upgrading to Trusty.)

• aquarius
    aquarius
    2014-04-07

Hi,

with gtk 3 I get this:

/usr/share/streamtuner2$ streamtuner2
    <gi.module.DynamicModule 'Gtk'="" from="" '="" usr="" lib="" girepository-1.0="" Gtk-3.0.typelib'="">
    <gi.module.DynamicModule 'GObject'="" from="" '="" usr="" lib="" girepository-1.0="" GObject-2.0.typelib'="">
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/bin/streamtuner2", line 1154, in <module>
    gui_startup(1/100)
    File "/usr/bin/streamtuner2", line 1118, in gui_startup
    progresswin.set_property("window_position", "center")
    ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'center'

How are you supposed to run it with Python 3? I tried 'python3 streamtuner2', also made /usr/bin/python to symlink to python3.3 (what I have installed), but no luck:

/usr/share/streamtuner2$ streamtuner2
    <gi.module.DynamicModule 'Gtk'="" from="" '="" usr="" lib="" girepository-1.0="" Gtk-3.0.typelib'="">
    <gi.module.DynamicModule 'GObject'="" from="" '="" usr="" lib="" girepository-1.0="" GObject-2.0.typelib'="">
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/bin/streamtuner2", line 101, in <module>
    from config import conf # initializes itself, so all conf.vars are available right away
    File "./config.py", line 163
    except (Exception), e:
    ^
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I think I'll leave it to you to develop a bit ;)

Cheers,