Problem with internet-radio plugin

samanthax
2014-05-10
2014-05-11
  • samanthax
    samanthax
    2014-05-10

Hi, reporting about a bug involving the internet-radio.com plugin. Using the latest update (Check-in [590edd0877]). Not all the channels work correctly. When clicking entries in the category pane (left), the right colmuns are (as far as I know) populated correctly. When clicking on entries in the right column most titles work as expected (play/edit/etc). There are some exceptions to this where any attempt to click on an entry produces no results (unable to play/edit/etc). The following categories exhibit this problem:

'60s', 'chill', 'classic rock', 'classical', 'country', 'dance', 'deep house', 'disco', 'drum and bass', easy listening', 'edm' and so on.

I'm using Ubuntu maverick 10.10 with Python 2.6.6. Thanks for a useful app.

Kind regards

• Mario Salzer
    Mario Salzer
    2014-05-10

Hey. Thanks for the report!

Internet-Radio.org.uk doesn't parse correctly at the moment. I suspect it's due to advertised stations.
    The primary bug though is in the main post-processing code. Absent ["title"] entries lead to the whole list being dropped after rendered. Selecting any such category again will even refetch everything. I can reproduce this with other categories.

Working on an update, but may take a bit..

TY

• samanthax
    samanthax
    2014-05-10

Thanks for answering so quickly! I also reported the issue on fossil (wasn't sure of the best place to post).

I was experimenting with an older version of streamtuner2 which didn't seem to suffer the same problem, although I noticed that the internet_radio_org_uk.json.gz file was a lot smaller (for whatever reason). On the other hand, the xiph plugin is working considerably nicer than it was before! In fact the whole application is in a lot better shape (aside from the aforementioned issue).

Cheers once again and happy listening!

Kind regards.

• samanthax
    samanthax
    2014-05-11

It's working now, thank you! Looking closely (at internet-radio) to check everything was working correctly, I noticed that some of the 'now playing' titles are truncated at the beginning (can also be seen when opening the same titles in 'edit').

Also in 'edit' an occasional unicode block character(?) can be seen in the 'playing/desc' field. An example of this can be seen in the category '60s' > 3rd down > '60s 70s 80s 90s'. This is scraped from 'http://www.internet-radio.com/station/netizensradioautodj/', where the description is "A Mix Of Music From The 60s To The Current Charts 24/7". The "24/7" is missing and there's a unicode block character in its place.

Thanks once again. Kind regards.