Live365

2010-09-11
2013-08-28
  • I don't know whether the URL for Live365 has changed, as there are no stations listed under any of the categories. Is there any way of fixing this?

• I forgot to say that I am using Ubuntu 10.04

• Mario Salzer
    Mario Salzer
    2010-09-18

No go.
    Both category parsing and channel parsing are broken.
    This will take some time to fix.

• Abhisek Sanyal
    Abhisek Sanyal
    2013-07-20

I made some changes to the streamtuner2 package that was running on my Fedora 17 box (rpm - streamtuner-2.0.8-9.fc17)

I have attached a patch for the changes done in live365.py. Category and channel parsing seems to work. I was able to open the live stream via vlc.

• omelette
    omelette
    2013-08-11

Abhisek, I was quite excited to see that you had fixed the Live365 parsing and although I failed miserably to apply the patch to 'live365.py' from the terminal - specifically, I used "sudo patch -p1 --dry-run < streamtuner-2.0.8-9.fc17.patch" and just got "HUNK failed" errors - I applied it 'manually' after examining the patch code (the pluses are added lines, the minuses are deleted, correct?). I'm pretty sure it's done correctly but when I now run ST2, the Live365 tab doesn't even open! Can you offer any advice?

Edit: Ok, my bad. the problem was one of 'indentation' - Python is really really finicky about that! But it still isn't working for me. The Live365 tab now opens but I get a "category parsed empty" message at start-up, with nothing at all getting loaded for Live365. Attached is the 'live365.py' code with patch applied. Any suggestions?

Edit2: My bad again. I had another go at patching the original and this time succeeded - all I needed was "patch -p1 live365.py < live365.patch". And it works perfectly!!! Although it has put me off learning Python, which seems way too particular about text formatting. Below is the patched file. Many thanks Abhisek.

Last edit: omelette 2013-08-15
    Attachments
    • Abhisek Sanyal
      Abhisek Sanyal
      2013-08-28

Awesome that it finally worked for you. Python has its own quirks, you should definitely give a shot at learning it.

It is odd that I did not get any alert when you posted your query, I was so sure that I had subscribed for updates to this topic.