Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

parse_rules for m1live.com

2009-03-31
2013-05-09
  • Jordi Catalán
    Jordi Catalán
    2009-03-31

Hi all,

I've trying to rip the stream from m1live.com getting rid of part of the metadata, but regular expressions are nearly impossible for me. :(

I need to delete all from the first * character. For example:
    Ronski Speed - The Space We Are  * Rate The Music at www.m1live.com/music * (Music One - Today's Dance - www.m1live.com)

This is the url:
    http://scfire-ntc-aa04.stream.aol.com:80/stream/1011

Any help? Thanks in advance.

• Arjen Bax
      Arjen Bax
      2009-04-02

m/ *\*.*$/e

will erase starting at zero or more spaces ' *' followed by a literal asterisk '\*' followed by zero or more characters '.*' until the edn of the line '$'.
      'Zero or more' must be interpreted in the sense 'at least zero, but as much as possible'.

• Jordi Catalán
      Jordi Catalán
      2009-04-04

Thanks, but it give me an error.

Anyway, it put me on trace. At last I found the following valid expression:
      s/[[:space:]]*[\*][[:space:]]*.*$//i

• snowman
    snowman
    2012-09-26

Hello
    gregsharp, please, I can not figure out which line must be in parse rules if my output file is that :
    - Culture Club - text=-Do You Really Want To Hurt Me- song_spot=-M- MediaBaseId=-0- itunesTrackId=-17522982- amgTrackId=-0- amgArtistId=-0- TAID=-30014- TPID=-432532- cartcutId=-0760416001-    (with -w parse_rulex.txt)
    thanks for you're time