parse rules

Den Had
2009-02-22
2013-05-09
  • Den Had
    Den Had
    2009-02-22

Ok, I understand that I need to modify the parse_rules.txt file but I can't figure out what it needs to say.  I am getting info like this:

TRACK 02 AUDIO
        TITLE "Time: 11:19AM Artist: Bobby Charles Song: 'See You Later Alligator' Album: 45"
        PERFORMER "Kxxx xx.x FM"
        INDEX 01 00:06:00

What rule do i need to use to parse this?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  The example given in the parse_rules.txt doesn't make any sense to me at all.

• Gregory Sharp
      Gregory Sharp
      2009-02-24

Looks like good metadata.  You can get the album data too.  Try this:

m/.*Artist: (.*) Song: \'(.*)\' Album: (.*) -.*/A1T2C3

[You probably need to modify the above, but hopefully this gets you started.  Feel free to post again as needed.]

• Den Had
      Den Had
      2009-02-26

thank  you so much for replying.  that didn't work.  I know I have it set up correctly to read the parse_rules file because i can type in gibberish and it causes me to get an error.

I'm still stumped.  Is there some sort of tutorial somewhere?  Am I just stupid?  I understand that you have matched the format of the metadata, but how does that translate into filling out the correct blanks in the cue file?  I don't understand the syntax.  I'd like to understand the process if possible.  Not having any luck so far.

It's frustrating because i rip another stream and that one comes out perfectly.  I think that this station intentionally sends metadata like this to cause problems.  And I just rip this stream for time shifting purposes.  I even have a batch file that deletes the previous file before it starts recording.  ok, rant over.

• Gregory Sharp
      Gregory Sharp
      2009-02-27

There is no tutorial or documentation.  It's better to think of it as a kind of torture test.

What is the URL?

• Den Had
      Den Had
      2009-02-28

well, working on it so far has been like having my finger nails pulled off.

http://kexp-mp3-2.cac.washington.edu:8000

• Den Had
      Den Had
      2009-02-28

not that i am complaining.  i have been using streamripper for a couple years now and couldn't imagine life without it.  so, thanks again for your help, greg.

• Gregory Sharp
      Gregory Sharp
      2009-03-14

Sorry for the delay.  Try this rule.  It works for me.

m/.*Artist:[[:space:]]*(.*?)[[:space:]]*Song:[[:space:]]*\'(.*)\'[[:space:]]*Album:[[:space:]]*(.*?)/A1T2C3

• snowman
    snowman
    2012-09-26

Hello gregsharp,
    please, I can not figure out which line must be in parse rules if I have :

Stream link : wltw-fm.akacast.akamaistream.net/7/291/19974/v1/auth.akacast.akamaistream.net/wltw-fm
    Stream info on Current title: Billy Joel - text="She's Got A Way" song_spot="M" MediaBaseId="1092797" itunesTrackId="0" amgTrackId="0" amgArtistId="0" TAID="4684" TPID="1797096" cartcutId="0700513001"

I need only a order number + artist and title : 0001 Artist - Title.ext

• Vinnie
    Vinnie
    2012-10-09

What is correct rule for the "Artist - Title - Album" pattern? Those examples included in original txt don't really make any sense to me without proper synthax tutorial.. %(