From: Stephan Ebelt <ste@sh...> - 2010-08-22 12:03:40
here is a new release which finishes the database conversion to a new and more
modern schema convention. The schema is supposed to remain stable for quite a
while now and provides a base for doing a re-write using the Symfony 2.0
framework (http://symfony-reloaded.org/). The re-write decision is the driving
force behind this release. If you like this idea and share my excitement about
symfony 2.0, please let me know. The more people the faster it'll be!
Standing on Symfony's hyper-modern feet StockManiac`s user experience should
improve a lot. I want all pages be more flexible and more to the point. That
is, less crowded with information one does not want to see right now. And its
also about security and robustness: the long standing issue of SQL Injection
will be past since the database abstraction layer will take care of things like
this. Finally the framework should allow me to put more time into features by
requiring less time for technical infrastructure behind the curtain.
OK, so much on the outlook, now more on this release:
There are lots of fixes and improvements. Most importantly PHP 5.3 adjustments
and proper time-zone handling that comes with it. Each user must login an
configure the time-zone properly on the Account Settings page. By default there
is UTC but that is most likely wrong since all quote data was/is stored by
stockmaniacd using the systems local time-zone. Only few people have UTC here.
If you forget to set the timezone you will see strange behaviour on the GUI.
Like wrong or no quotes and wrong portfolio and asset summaries.
News gathering capabilities of stockmaniacd have been repaired. The were a
number of bugs making news retrieval essentially broken in the previous
release. Should work again now.
Now get it from SourceForge right away:
* all tables are converted to the new db naming convention
* gui: made dbc.class.php use the MySQLi extension
* gui: use SimplePie to handle RSS feeds
* BUGFIX: #69 not all regular figures shown
* BUGFIX: all settings were stored with id_user=0
* BUGFIX: #57 order figures by name
* BUGFIX: dont offer autofigures for selection
* BUGFIX: #7 selecting a specific figure shows header for another figure
* BUGFIX: #63 pivot points gone
* BUGFIX: #60 rename field confirmed=>audited
* BUGFIX: #39 order edit/modify/execute forms dont close after submit
* BUGFIX: #59 figure var can not be changed
* BUGFIX: #64 no text in timetag report
* BUGFIX: #62 report which autofigures could not be calculated
* BUGFIX: #58 plugin broken on empty positions
* BUGFIX: re-create update_news_item_counter trigger, closes #41
* BUGFIX: found even more old fieldnames
* BUGFIX: missed to renamed some fields
* BUGFIX: do not show positions sold later in the year
* BUGFIX: position.closed should never be NULL
* BUGFIX: maximumcrashes parameter missing for feeds
* a fair number of minor fixes