From: Stephan Ebelt <stephan.ebelt@gm...> - 2006-09-23 22:02:33
all right, only a few fixes and improvements in the GUI package plus a feature
to handle stock splits. This is it.
Doesn't sound like much, does it?
Yes it does! :-)
Because I said 'GUI package' and that is the biggest change: StockManiac does
now consist of two parts. The known GUI and a new Daemon package.
The daemon is the thing were 90% of the work went into. It's completely
written from scratch and the goal for now is to replace the fetch-objects.pl
 script with something more efficient and seamlessly working. The design
is extensible in any way and I have a lot ideas to make use of this. Number
one is: notifications.
I consider the daemon still beta because I did not run it for long yet
(longest test took two days) and there are many areas for improvements in the
code (especially when it comes to memory usage).
Anyhow, it is mature enough to run on a production database (I do it) - it
shouldn't mess things up at least. It may produce *a lot* quote records,
depending on how its configured. So expect a fast growing database and/or be
You can find documentation of the daemon in the INSTALL file (really read this
one) as well as more in-dept technical information in the doc/ directory in
the GUI package.
get it from here:
Enjoy and please report bugs,
- ObjectManager: implemented generic way to maintain information about stock
splits which other plugins can use (ie. ChartDisplay considers this)
- NewsReader: implemented a 'Personal News Feed' which is currently only
another way to write and read the daily comments, later it will probably
merge with real feeds under the hood and StockManiac becomes a blogging tool
- NewsReader: visualize most recent items (those from today)
- Asset & DividendIncome: the DividendIncome has been dropped and its
- stockmaniacd: very first implementation, still beta - but safe enough to
use. Please try and report bugs.
- fixed bug #1521982: Final Position Balance box shows up in "the past", fixed
- fixed bug #1499569: StopLoss Soft Limit sometimes below Hard Limit (was
- fixed bug #1528550: capitalization ratio discrepancy compared to Portfolio
- other minor fixes
(please see ChangeLog file for more details - there is now a link to it in the
main page: just click the version in the top right corner)
 fetch-objects.pl is still present and this release and the 'default' - you
do not have to use the daemon in order to fetch quotes or news right