Stellarium in hebrew

Lior_Y
2007-09-04
2012-10-09
  • Lior_Y
    Lior_Y
    2007-09-04

Hi,

I've helped translate Stellarium to Hebrew, I've compiled the Mo file, but now I can't see it. I think it's a font problem but it seems that I don't have the right font or I'm placing it in the wrong place ( /data/). I've copied the TrueType Font to the /data/ directory and edited the default_config.ini file, but still no hebrew, just a lot of squares insted. Can anyone help me with this?

• Hello Lior,

I think you are talking about Stellarium 0.9.x. It's also showing reversed letters in Arabic in all Labels. It looks like a problem in all right to left languages. However, in Stellarium 0.10.0 beta it was solved for interface labels but not yet in sky labels. Hope it will be solved everywhere.

Regards,

• Matthew Gates
      Matthew Gates
      2007-09-04

It sounds like a font problem. This link many be useful:

http://tinyurl.com/2s8hbc

If you fond a good free Hebrew font, please add a link to it to the wiki page as per the other fonts linked there.

Matthew

• Lior_Y
        Lior_Y
        2007-12-06

I've read that article and it worked for Arab. When I've tried using one of Windows fonts, it didn't worked. Maybe I'm missing something here?

• Lior_Y
      Lior_Y
      2008-09-06

I've fixed the problem but now all the labels are backwards, rendering the translation useless.
      Can you help me with that?

• András Mohari
        András Mohari
        2008-09-06

All labels, or just the sky labels?

• Lior_Y
      Lior_Y
      2008-09-06

All labels.

• Any updates on right-to-left languages problem?