MOVABLE finderscope question

Feedback
2014-02-17
2014-02-19
  • trickybilly
    trickybilly
    2014-02-17

Question: I wanted to imitate my finderscope through Oculars Plugin. In real life when I starhop I MOVE my finderscope to get to the object (and, ofc the view is "inverted" through the finderscope). I use Stellarium to help with starhopping, but I cannot seem to be able to move around the sky in Ocular View. Stellarium can show me an object in ocular view yes, but it's FIXED. I cannot simulate a movable finderscope view to help me in starhopping. I can only move in Stellarium in a "not-inverted view", but in real life I see an inverted view. Can I simulate my finderscope somehow? How to move around the sky in Ocular, inverted view instead of just watching a fixed object without moving? Thank you

Last edit: trickybilly 2014-02-17
  • barrykgerdes
    barrykgerdes
    2014-02-17

With version 0.12.4 the ocular view is fixed however in the current development version 0.13.0 you can synthesize movement of the view by clicking on a star in the direction you wish to move. The orientation of the view can be set to anything you like with the flipping entries in the ocular.ini file.

Barry

• barrykgerdes
    barrykgerdes
    2014-02-18

Yes Tim
    I forgot about the arrow keys as I seldom use the keyboard. Wanted to edit the post but that facility seems to be no longer available to me.

Barry

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments