I'm very impressed!

Feedback
2005-10-07
2012-10-09
  • Hi,

as you've already read in the subject, I'm really very impressed about this software. It took me about 10 minutes to learn how it works, how I configure it basically and that's it. Very user-friendly, easy to learn. Great.

My wishes:
    - an educational part with scripted videos, additional texts to describe what the user can see etc. - somehow I'd like to see this software in one or two years exisiting of two parts: an astronomy lab as it is already and an astronomy class
    - well yes, translations... iknowwhatyouwanttosay ;-)

Well, both wiches would need extremly much work to come to live, but who knows...

Greetings and all the best

• Thanks guys. Stellarium kicks ass. For the last 5 years I've been trying to map star systems that correlate with local Aboriginal petroglyphs. And in the last year Stellarium has helped me confirm my original suspiceons and make a host of new discoveries in relation to star calenders amd song lines. I can't praise you enough. Even my 6 year old son is learning to play with a map of the sky and then go outside and see the real thing. He can't get an education like that at school. Awesome.

• Watch out that proper motion of stars is currently not implemented into the program. However, for the last thousand years this effect is mostly negligible for naked eyes observations.

Fabien

• im also impressed by this software, its the best new program i ve seen in years after google earth

• The Stellarium User's Guide will be available as soon as possible.

Sergio Trujillo
      Spanish Translator & more
      www.stellarium.org

• Matthew Gates
        Matthew Gates
        2005-10-17

Sergio, I started to write a user's guide as well. If you're doing this sort of work, maybe we can collaborate? send me a mail: matthew <at> porpoisehead.net

• I second that! Extremely easy to download and start, and, as already mentioned, it takes just a few minutes to get into and understand the basics of the program. Great zooming possibilities. I can't wait to explore the program in more detail.

• I also must thank the creators and contributors for such a wonderful program.Thank you so much for keeping it free.My son and I use it just about every week to plot out nights out and soon it will be on a laptop for remote location work.Excellent work and my sincere appreciation for the easy to use interface and thought that has gone into its development.Happy viewing and dark skies to all.

• z-Huck
      z-Huck
      2005-11-01

The program is just a dream. Amazing!
      Thanks.

• outstanding program. cheers to everyone involved.

• Can't wait to use this in my Planetarium. Looks great , easy to use.Does not work too well on my 650mhz laptop running Win 98. P4 with XP is awesome.Thankyou!

• Simply the best software of this kind!

Roberto from Italy on Mac Os X

• I do not usually submit comments to open forums but am so inpressed I feel compelled to do so. I have just discovered this software and am blown away with it. It looks beautiful. The detail is truly awesome - Jupiter's moons, phases of Venus, real-time distances - absolutely incredible. My seven year old son is just getting interested in astronomy (hooray) and this software is really going to nuture and grow that interst. Thank you for making it freely available.

• I do not usually submit comments to open forums but am so impressed I feel compelled to do so. I have just discovered this software and am blown away with it. It looks beautiful. The detail is truly awesome - Jupiter's moons, phases of Venus, real-time distances - absolutely incredible. My seven year old son is just getting interested in astronomy (hooray) and this software is really going to nuture and grow that interest. Thank you for making it freely available.

• Exactly
      This software is extraordinary! I have learn more in 2 hours whith this software that in all my life. Thank you and congratulation
      Albert from Italy

• This is the best presentation of the sky I have ever seen in any planetarium software. Thank you and keep up the good work!

Boatman from USA

• No word can describe what I want to say!
      Thank you very much... coder , designer and every one contributed in this dreamy ideal work...
      If you need me helping in translation of the guide, I can do so with translation into Arabic.

regard,
      Abd
      Saudi Arabia
      Awashiz@hotmail.com

• An Arabic translation would be welcome, considering the important role Arab and Islamic astronomers had in the advancement of the science. Many important stars still bear their Arabic or Arabic-derived names. :)

USA

• Everybpdy above wrote exactly what I also can say about Stellarium.. That's the easiest software I dloaded ever... Easy to set up coodinates and also has a great look. I'm impressed, now I really can see sky and check out wich constelations I see [amazing, there's a constalation named triangle.. wonders nevers ends indeed!]. Congratulations for such amazing software.. It's the best!

DanceMania
      2° 34' S
      44° 16' W

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments