Stellarium on Secondary Monitor...

Feedback
Anonymous
2013-07-19
2013-07-20

• Anonymous
    2013-07-19

I have one monitor, and a TV I use occasionally as a second monitor (and the rest of the time as, you know, a TV). When the TV is being a TV, I use display settings to disable it as a monitor, so everything appears on the remaining monitor when opened. Except now Stellarium has stopped doing that, and continues to open on the non-existent second monitor, even when it is switched off. I have to open Stellarium, turn the TV back into a monitor, then turn it back again, and then Stellarium jumps back to the original monitor. No matter what I try, Stellarium always opens in the second monitor - even when that monitor is unplugged and disabled via nvidia! No other programme I have tried is exhibiting this ridiculous behaviour. Someone please suggest something, because if I have to uninstall and abandon the programme for such a pathetic reason, that would be a real shame.

• Bogdan Marinov
    Bogdan Marinov
    2013-07-20

Hello. Which operating system do you use? It's possible that it's remembering the last window position.

Another possibility: Try starting Stellarium, moving it to the main monitor, then click on the "save settings" button in the Configuration window, then see if the window is still in the wrong place after restart.

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments