Menu

Please add all Messier Objects

Feedback
2006-02-05
2012-10-09
  • Nobody/Anonymous

This is an awesome program!! Great job. I had planned on using this the aid in the Messier Marathon but it looks like only 73 or so of the 110 are there?

Could you please add these to complete this list? If you need pics or locations to plot please enlist my aid!!

Thanks again.

Chris Wilcox
    cwil09@yahoo.com

• Nobody/Anonymous

I have prepared a messier.fab file that contains all the messier objects plus a few southern sky objects that Charles Messier could not see. There were a lot of minor errors in size and orientation of the existing pictures plus the wrong picture for M105 (the pic is ngc3384).

There are about 60 new or modified pics in my file but I still need autorisation to use about 6 of them unless someone can give me some alternative shots.

My file now has sufficient accuracy to overlay the Hipparcos stars that coincide with the pics.

Barry

• Furry

Furry - 2006-02-06

Hi Barry,

it sounds like you have done some good work.

I would appreciate if you could forward the file to me with the images in zip format. I will review this and upload to the cvs after discussion with the other developers members.

Regards

Tony Furr

tonyfurr@optusnet.com.au

• Fabien Chéreau

Fabien Chéreau - 2006-02-06

Hi,

It would be better if you could post your files in the patch section.

Fabien

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi Gang

The files even zipped are about 8 Mb so they are difficult to attach to an email. Secondly I do not have permission (yet) for about 6 of the new pictures. However I have made a small web site and placed all the files on it for evaluation. The web site is a freebee from Geocities and there is a download time limit so you may need a couple of tries to get the files.

There is a link to the web site on my main web site below

The picture for M32 is really not suitable because M32 is diplayed well on the M31 picture and the original picture for M105 was in fact ngc3384 so I modified a picture from the Sky Survey disks to fill the gap.

Hope they are of some use to the project

Barry Gerdes

Beaumont Hills Observatory
      Sirius 2.3 metre fibre glass Dome
      S 33' 41' 43.69" E 150' 56' 32.56"
      LX200GPS 12" F10 Permanent Polar mounted
      Home page http://www.geocities.com/barrykgerdes

PS you can email me direct at barrygastro at hotmail.com

B.G