AntiVir reports stellarium a trojan

Feedback
2005-09-04
2014-12-03
  • Hello,

let me first of all express that I think Stellarium a wonderful piece of software, and I am thankful to everyone who contributed. I would all the more be unwilling to remove it again from my computer.

However, my virus scanner (AntiVir Personal Edition, see www.free-av.de) reports that stellarium.exe is the trojan horse TR/Drop.Joi.aj.68.A
    There seems to be absolutely no information about a trojan of this name on the net and AntiVir's virus lexicon doesn't mention it either. Perhaps it is a brandnew species. Have I downloaded some manipulated file (I got it from here)? Re-downloading from a different location, however, doesn't help (files are identical), and neither does reinstalling: virus alarm goes off during installation before renaming a file IS-GFJT0.TMP to stellarium.exe; both files are identical, having 3 419 076 bytes. - Do I perhaps have some as yet unrecognized resident trojan manipulating these files during install?

Alternatively, can it be an erroneous warning of the virus scanner?

Thanks for your help.

• I can confirm both your opinion about the software (a wonderful program at all) and the AntiVir report.
      Moreover the Antivir report is the same with Windows version 0.6.0 and 0.6.2.

Has anybody a clear understanding of this issue?
      Thanks for your help.

Giorgio - Italy

• Rob Spearman
        Rob Spearman
        2005-09-07

I would suggest contacting the AntiVir authors as it appears to be an issue with their software.

• Anonymous
      2014-12-01

Just had a remote session with Norton. SAPE.Heur.3eb4 is the Stellarium installer. If your Norton advises its a high level threat, its not. If it gets quarantined restore it via Advanced / History / Restore

• With Norton Antivir 2005 dont appear trojans.

• Anonymous
    2014-11-22

AVG antivirus also reports a Trojan when trying to install the Windows 32 bit Stellarium .exe file.

• Anonymous
    2014-12-03

Get some decent anti-vir peoples !

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments