core.LoadVideo doesn't work

Feedback
Anonymous
2013-07-17
2013-07-26

• Anonymous
    2013-07-17

Good evening,

i'm trying (by script) to display a short video during a planetarium session, i'm using Stellarium 0.12.1.

This is my script :

core.loadVideo("/Volumes/NO NAME/Grande Ourse 3D.mov","video",100,70,true,0.5);
    core.playVideo("video");

But nothing happens...

Could you help me ? Thanks a lot !

• barrykgerdes
    barrykgerdes
    2013-07-21

Hi Alex

I gather you mean compile stellarium with the sound enabled. This I always do in my binaries. However sound only works with some sound systems and is usually unreliable.

Barry

• Alexander Wolf
      Alexander Wolf
      2013-07-21

Yes, of course you are right! But I think topic starter hasn't sound support enable within Stellarium.

• barrykgerdes
    barrykgerdes
    2013-07-21

Hi Alex

I haven't tested the sound for some time and previous tests were on windows XP which only worked on two of my 9 computers at the time.

I just tested the latest build on this Win 7 laptop and the sound works great. Previously the OGG files did not work on anything but now the sound test plays the three test files correctly. The only trouble I had was the sound test file does not terminate and stellarium locked up, needed to end manually. This does not happen with my music file that has termination built into it.

I also just tested win 8 on another laptop. It plays the wav and mp3 but not the ogg.

Barry

• Anonymous
    2013-07-24

Hi,

thanks for answers, the solution is to build Stellarium with the ENABLE_SOUND flag ? Videos will work with it ?

Thanks,

Sylvain

• Alexander Wolf
      Alexander Wolf
      2013-07-24

Well, it should work, if phonon supports your audio system and video codecs

• Alexander Wolf
      Alexander Wolf
      2013-07-24

Damn, you are running Stellarium on OS X - I think 0.12.2RC2 for OS X don't have ENABLE_SOUND=1 flag :-/

• Timothy Reaves
    Timothy Reaves
    2013-07-24

I've just uploaded a new DMG with sound enabled.

• Anonymous
      2013-07-25

Hi,

where can I found it ?

Thanks a lot !

• barrykgerdes
    barrykgerdes
    2013-07-25

Hi Alex
    I noted that there is a videotest script in the tests.
    I tried to run it but nothing happened
    On checking the script I find it calls for a videotest.flv
    This file is missing from my scripts. However I found a short *.mov file and substituted it.
    The file runs and the sound/video displays except that the video is mixed with the display of the stars. Should it be like this or play in a window?

Barry

• Anonymous
    2013-07-25

Hi Alex
    I ran some more tests and the feature works quite well.

With windows I found *.wmv files work best and worked on all my platforms (windows). Other formats were not so universal but mov and mpg worked on some, I think mov may work best on Apple, but the sound only worked on some of the platforms much like my experience on other sound files.

The file did not close, leaving the final frame on the screen, This was fixed when I measured the length of the file in seconds and made the core.wait this value.

In general a handy feature.

Barry

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments