Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

adding tongan sky culture: can't seem to contact any stellarium developers

Feedback
Anonymous
2013-01-31
2013-02-03

• Anonymous
    2013-01-31

Hi all,

I've developed some input files for Tongan sky culture, but having trouble contacting the stellarium developers: Fabien Chereau and Matthew Gates.

Are they still involved in Stellarium , or is there any one else i can send the files to , to get the tongan sky culture into the next release. I can write a wiki-sky culture blurb once i know the files are useable.

Cheers
    dan

• Alexander Wolf
    Alexander Wolf
    2013-01-31

This is very interesting. Do you have full set for sky culture - artwork, description, constellation lines and star names?

• Anonymous
      2013-02-03

Hi Alexander
      Yes, i have everything except artwork.
      I was responsible for providing the 'Maori' sky culture for stellarium a few years ago. I had no problems was getting this sky culture accepted, just this time, i an getting no replies from the developers mentioned above.

Star names, constellations, planets, moons , sun etc all done, inlcuding notes.
      see attached (7zip format, so unzip).

I can also write a stellarium wiki blurb on the tongan sky culture once i know it could be accepted into the next release.

Cheers
      Dan

• Alexander Wolf
        Alexander Wolf
        2013-02-03

I don't see attachment :( Can you send me email with archived culture on my address - alex.v.wolf@gmail.com? I'm check yours culture and if it OK then we include it in Stellarium.

If you have account on our wiki then proposal for description of new star lore is very good idea.

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments