Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

thx, coordinate systems & 1 other suggestion

Feedback
2005-09-10
2012-10-09
  • I just discovered stellarium, and the atmospheric feature is wonderful :) Very great job, thanks.

Is it possible to show position of sky objects not only with the equatorial coordinate system, but alternatively (or even better: simultaneously) with the horizontal coordinate system or the ecliptic coordinate system? If it is impossible, have you planned to add those features? (the horizontal coordinates are very useful to find an objet in "my" sky, and the ecliptic coordinates are useful to follow the planets of our solar system)

Also, each time I discover a new "planetarium software", I hope the presence of a specific feature, but I never find it until now. With stellarium or kstars, I can set up the time speed, but it's not very convenient to discover the evolution of the sky night after night: if I set up the time speed to 24 hours, it's too fast. So, I suggest a new "slide mode": the user set up two informations, which are the time beetwen two views and the time before show the next view. It could be very useful also for the evolution of the sky year after year (why not with a negative time to return progressively to the constellations of the Romans).

Finally, a question about your software. I see "Added Chinese and Egyptian constellations" in the changelog of your last 0.7.0 version. What is it and how can I access to that?

Congratulations for your hard work, Jean-Sbastien Lebacq (js DOT lebacq AT free DOT fr)

• Johan Meuris
      Johan Meuris
      2005-09-10

You can use the text user interface to change the sky culture. Press M to bring up the TUI, navigate through the menu with the arrow keys.
      Sky culture is under >General>Sky Culture>Chinese/Polynesian/Egyptian/Western

• thanks, now I think I will search to know more about those "alternative" constellations :) With the "atmospheric feature", now I know two features that kstars doesn't have... so, I will have to use both softwares ;)

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments