Break a star field into rectangles

Feedback
2013-05-18
2013-05-19
  • Oliver Lobley
    Oliver Lobley
    2013-05-18

Hi there,
    I'm wondering if anyone can help. I did a few basic searches and didn't find anything to point me in the right direction.
    My wife recently purchased a bunch of glow in the dark stars off Amazon. What I'm trying to do is recreate the sky on the date of my son's birth on the ceiling of his room. The only projector I have access to has a relatively long throw distance, so I need some way of a) capturing an image of the entire sky from within stellarium and then breaking it into 1600x1200 squares such that I can project onto a piece of the ceiling, affix the glow in the dark stars/draw constellation lines where relevant. Move the projector, rinse & repeat. I'm happy to offer paypal/a few beers/a donation to a charity to anyone that can assist (my wife isn't exactly a patient sort and is threatening to put the stars up at random)
    Thanks!

• Kird
    Kird
    2013-05-19

With a program like 'IrfanView' (http://www.irfanview.com/) you can take screenshots: Options - Capture/Screenshot...
    IrfanView also has options to Cut/Copy/Paste images.

• waldo kitty
      waldo kitty
      2013-05-19

On 5/19/2013 03:03, Kird wrote:

With a program like 'IrfanView' (http://www.irfanview.com/) you can take
      screenshots: Options - Capture/Screenshot...
      IrfanView also has options to Cut/Copy/Paste images.

you don't need irfanview or any other similar tool to take screenshots from
      stellarium... stellarium already does screenshots on its own...

once they are taken, then one can use any graphic editing tool to paste them all
      together to create a complete sky photo... but one should also be able to put
      stellarium into a fisheye view and put the center of the starfield in the center
      of the screen to get a full sky view...

--
      NOTE: No off-list assistance is given without prior approval.
      Please keep mailing list traffic on the list unless
      private contact is specifically requested and granted.

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments