Saving different sessions

Feedback
Anonymous
2014-05-02
2014-08-13

• Anonymous
    2014-05-02

Hallo,

First off, thank you for this outstanding piece of software! I'd like to know whether it is possible to save different sessions in Stellarium. I.e. for my research, it is useful to switch and be able to quickly review different 'sky instances' each having their specific places, times etc. Is that possible (I'm not talking about screenshots, but sets of settings, so to speak). Thank you!

• Anonymous
    2014-08-12

Stellarium really is in bad need of a proper settings profiles functionality.

Right now, the best thing one can do is to create different config files with each holding one of the desired default sets of settings, however this is both tedious to create and clumsy to use. Basically, each "profile" needs to be "activated" by starting a new Stellarium session via a batch file which tells the program to load a specific config file. Needless to say, it would make an awful lot more sense to have an integrated setting profiles facility, allowing to switch profiles on the fly.

Better yet, multiple separate viewports (akin to Celestia, for instance) which can have different profiles applied, but are bound to a common time control, would be a great feature as well.

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments