Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

problems running Stellarium

Feedback
Anonymous
2013-03-16
2013-04-21

• Anonymous
    2013-03-16

I have just installed the latest version on my Acer Aspire One and very disappointed - there is a nasty screen flicker going on and I don't get any response when I click on the function keys. F1, etc. Really disappointed, a friend recommended this, but it's obviously not suitable for my little laptop.

• Anonymous
    2013-03-16

Would installing these drivers affect any of the applications I currently run?

• Anonymous
    2013-03-18

I have just installed Stellarium 64 bit (stellarium-0.12.0-win64.exe) on my new Windows 7 64-bit PC. It doesn't run, clicking the icon just causes the cursor to rotate for about a second, then it stops. Same if I repeat. It doesn't crash or apparently have any effect on the PC. The PC has never had a previous installation of Stellarium. I have now uninstalled it and put the 32-bit V11 on and it works fine. Happy to stick with 32-bit, this is just to give you some feedback. Great program by the way, I've used it for years on my old PC. Thanks.

Peter

• Anonymous
    2013-03-20

After upgrade to 0.12 (on my mac osx 10.8.3) stellarium don't start.

• barrykgerdes
    barrykgerdes
    2013-03-20

Version 0.12.0 has some minor bugs but none that I have seen that cause major problems. However you do need to remove your old user configurations and let the program develop a new set especially in regard to changes in the star catalogues.

Barry

• Anonymous
      2013-03-21

Thanks, but in my case this doesn't apply as it is a new PC with no previous installation.

Peter

• Anonymous
    2013-03-22

I uninstalled it and put the 32 bit version on so I suspect the original log file will have been overwritten. Sorry. Peter

• Anonymous
    2013-03-23

I installed version 0.12.0 yesterday. Then I tried to change my coordinates to my home place. This caused multiple cursors in the edit boxes and the mouse stopped moving. Nothing but a process kill over the task manager stopped the problem.
    This error ocurred multiple times and it occured also without changing the location after a couple of minutes.
    A flickering how it was mentionend here, occured too.
    That's quiet a big bug for a released version.
    Peter G.

System windows 7 - 32 bit - dell vostro Laptop

• Anonymous
    2013-04-08

Hi, I have been having problems running Stallarium on my Dell laptop (Latitude E6400) WinXP pro. Running 11.3, I had funny characters on all the descriptions - could not read them. Upgraded to 11.4, after a few minutes, it locked up my laptop. Just installed 12.0 and within 10 seconds I got a graphic driver error and minidump. Thing is I just recently upgraded to latest Intel driver cuz I am running Real Flight 6.5 flight simulator. Its very demanding and runs fine.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Doug

• Bogdan Marinov
      Bogdan Marinov
      2013-04-19

Have you tried running it from the "no OpenGL2"/"fallback mode" shortcut?

• Anonymous
        2013-04-20

Yes I have run it with No OpenGL2. That is the only way I can get it to run and read the descriptions. It still locks up or gives me a BSOD. It just does not like the Intel graphics driver.

• Anonymous
        2013-04-20

Yes, I have been running the no OpenGL2 mode, in order to not get jumbled descriptions. It still freezes the computer or give me a BSOD.

• Anonymous
    2013-04-19

Crickets?

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments