Stellarium Progress

Feedback
2005-08-21
2012-10-09
  • Hi,
    Firstly, like everyone else, I want to congratulate the team on their superior work, and for releasing it under the GNU Public Licence. It is an excellent piece of software, and would be very useful if it wasn't winter down here.

Next, I would like to ask about the progress of version 0.7.0. I would like to know how it is going, and I am sure others would, too. From what I can see, the CVS was still being worked on three days ago (18/08/05), and there are 36 entries in the ChangeLog on CVS. This looks like a tremendous effort so far. Would you be able to tell us how much more work you are planning on before an official release? Are the entries in the TODO file your rough guide to what is going to happen? If so, would progressing from glpng to SDL_image be a very small transition?

I would gladly help in any way I can, but I do not have a compiler yet (I run Windows, and I keep meaning to get Cygwin), and I do not know very much C++, just C. From what I have seen, it is a small jump, though. Otherwise, if you need someone to write (as in documents and the simple scripts used) or organise things, I may be able to help, if you want me to.

Once again, thank you for a useful piece of software, and we all support your efforts.

Thanks,
    Ian R.

• Rob Spearman
      Rob Spearman
      2005-08-22

We are close to releasing at least a preliminary release of 0.7.0 within the next few weeks.

Right now we are coding access to important features through the GUI and testing.

The changelog is a good way to see what will be in this release:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/stellarium/stellarium/ChangeLog?view=markup

The TODO list is for longer term ideas beyond this next release.

Rob

• I forgot to add this:
      In the TODO file, there is a link to a VMAP0 system for FlightGear. The project has since changed, and it now uses TerraGear for its VMAP0 system. This is available at http://www.terragear.org and would be nice, however it also would be huge, given the size of the VMAP0 data files.

Thanks,
      Ian R.

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments