Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Compiling bzr trunk on OSX10.9

Feedback
Anonymous
2013-11-07
2013-11-07

• Anonymous
    2013-11-07

Hi all!

I've followed the instructions on the Mac compile wiki page (Compilation_on_Mac_OS_X), so I have stellarium source from bzr, QT5.1.1, and cmake (and bzr) from Macports.

After making a couple of minor tweaks to the source(*), I got everything to compile, including make tests all passing.

However, when I launch the resulting Stellarium.app, all I get is a white screen, followed by a crash (line 663 of StelGui.cpp, StelGui::getButtonBar, looks like while initing CompassMarks plugin).

I'm wondering if anyone has successfully compiled and run stellarium on OSX10.9 (Mavericks)?

Thanks,

Adrian

(*) compilation initially failed with ambiguous reference for std::abs applied to integer h in hoursToHmsStr in StelUtils.cpp - so I added (float) before it so it's no longer int. (Same also needed in testConversions.cpp when running make tests.)
    Secondly, it didn't know LC_NUMERIC ("undeclared identifier" in StelMainView.cpp and main.cpp), so I added "#include <clocale>" in those. (Also tried commenting out setlocale lines that use LC_NUMERIC - same problem...)

• Timothy Reaves
    Timothy Reaves
    2013-11-07

Yes, all of this is known. I've corrected the compile issues, but have not pushed them yet.

I've not had time to look into the other issue.

• Anonymous
    2013-11-07

Hi Timothy,

Sorry, I'm not quite sure which bits you're referring to by "all of this" and "other issue". (i.e. the source tweaks I made, the white screen, or the crash...?)

However, I realised I had the CompassMarks plugin switched on (that was from running a downloaded prebuilt stellarium app, 0.12.4, IIRC), and that I could switch it off and hopefully then not have my built version try to use it when it starts up.

So, now that I've switched that off, I no longer see my built app crash when it starts up - instead I just get the blank white screen, and no indication it's doing anything. (When I hit cmd-Q to try to quit it, though, it does crash.)

I guess, then, the foremost question I have is why it doesn't render anything...? (Maybe that's what you mean by "other issue"?)

Thanks,

Adrian

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments