New Feature Needed

Feedback
2005-09-13
2012-10-09
  • Stellarium is one of the niceist and cleanist programs i've found for amature astronomers, but its missing a few features that would make this program vary usefull. The thing I like about the program is unlike starryNight, stelarium has alot of stars. More than any other program I've ever tryed. However, there isnt alot of usefulness in those haveing that many stars when the program dosent give you much information. Yes the program gives you the distance and mag. But would be great is if it would give the user even more. For instance, In my spare time, I search for exersolar planets (planets orbiting other stars) and one of the first things I do when chooseing a star to look at, is look for a star like our own Sun. However, inorder to do this in Stellarium i have to choose a star, write its name down on paper, then go in to google and search for the information. What would be great, is if this information was avalible in the program its self and the search option had some kind of filter for star type. One last thing, a windowed version would also be nice.

• Gathering Information for all those stars is going to take alot of time on the part of the Development team. If you guys do decided to do some thing like that (which would be awsome) Let me know, I'm a amature but proffesonal Astronomer. If you got a few serious people to help it would make the addon go alot faster. elliotr@gmail.com

• I agree. I just downloaded the program but thought it would be nice if I could get more information about a star, nebula, or constellation maybe by clicking on it. I am quite an amateur when it comes to stars but It looks like there is alot of knowledgable people that use this program. Create data file/ or database that has all the stars/nebulas/planets etc. and maybe you could get help from non-programmers to fill in the information.

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments