I dont know how to word it? (Computer)

Feedback
Anonymous
2013-06-03
2013-06-06

• Anonymous
    2013-06-03

Hi all , i'm just a casual user of Stellarium and do not know anything of the technical stuff of "out there" and how is derived in Stellarium , but its real good imo and I totally enjoy looking about via the software , its fascinating .....

Just a quick question or 2 on computers if one does not mind , I notice Stellarium seems just to use 1 core on a 64bit 4 core sometimes 99% , cannot it be spread over more? or shared to 2..
    And can Stellarium be adjusted to use 2 video cards? , not that it works a single card too hard at the moment but I was wondering those with crossfire or the equivalent might like 2 cards being used up also :-)

Again , real good stuff to the developers , i'm impressed :-)

• Anonymous
    2013-06-05

Its me again>
    Well that was a wasted post , thanks all for not pointing out the obvious :-)

Crossfire does kick in when one fires up stellarium but then windows shuts down the 2nd card as there is not enough work to do!
    I found this out by setting the cpu/gpu monitors to stay on top , before I was minimizing the program and looking , duh...

And guess what , it must have been a fluke the last time about the cores , something else might have been going on? as stellarium does indeed share the cores , mostly 2 but every now and then 4 will share up .
    Only if I could delete a post , lucky for me I'm anonymous LOL...

• Bogdan Marinov
    Bogdan Marinov
    2013-06-06

The problem is that Stellarium does most of its non-graphical stuff in the main thread (AFAIK), so there's not much chance to spread things over different cores.

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments