Last April, I installed version 12.3 and it is was working fine on my Mac laptop. I tried to get the telescope plugin working last night, and it froze Stellarium, then it wouldn't work again. I tried reinstalling using the same downloaded dmg file that originally worked, but now, it freezes at start-up. I have 3 versions downloaded, 13.0, 12.3 and 11.4. and none of these versions will start-up.
All I can think of is that I have done some updates to the MAC OS since April that is causing this. Anyone experiencing this problem? I'm running OS X 10.9.3
John G. Lyng
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.
You can open config.ini file and edit it:
TelescopeControl = false
to disable Telescope Control plugin at startup, or remove section [TelescopeControl] to reset Telescope Control settings.
Thanks for the suggestion, but no, I still get "the wheel of death" on both versions 13.0 and 12.3. I also deleted the serial interface that I created on the Mac.
Again, it is a big puzzle to me why version 12.3 installed just fine last April, but the exact same installation file doesn't work now. Honestly, It must be the Mac ... something must be different. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and knows how to solve it.
Alexander: I solved it. Despite the fact that I deleted the installed application, there was a "config.ini" file that remained in a folder that is only accessible via Linux/Unix directory commands using the "Terminal" utility. The file was located in a folder called "Application Support/Stellarium" This config.ini file had my bad command to try and connect to the telescope via the RS232/USB. Since the command was incorrect, it caused the app to hang. So, even though I reinstalled the app, this config.ini remained, and always caused it to hang. To solve the problem, I issued an "RM" command to just delete this hidden config.ini file. Note that this is not the same as the config.ini file that is in the app package.
Thanks for your help. You were on the right track when you suggested deleting the telescope control command.