Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

New Landscapes

Feedback
Chazz
2007-11-07
2012-10-09
  • Chazz
    Chazz
    2007-11-07

In some landscapes of 0.9.0 you can see an ugly vertical line on East (between the end and the beginning of the picture).
    Better improve your landscape system.
    Or tell me if there is a way to corect it in the landscape.ini file.
    10X :)

• john
      john
      2007-11-22

Thanks Barry! That did the trick.

john

• Matthew Gates
      Matthew Gates
      2007-11-07

Can you please attach a screenshot? This does not occur for me - probably is is something specific to your video hardware. What OS / video hardware / driver version do you use?

• Chazz
      Chazz
      2007-11-07

Yes but how can I attach shots in this page?
      I use Win XP, nVidia card.

• Matthew Gates
        Matthew Gates
        2007-11-07

Sourceforge's forums don't allow it. When I posted my previous reply was going too quickly and assumed it was a bug report (where you can attach files). You might consider uploading to a service such as image shack and posting a link.

• LoneHiker
      LoneHiker
      2007-11-07

I notice similar issues in pre 0.9.1 and it's not limited to just some of the landscape textures. It also occurs with the Milky Way texture. It may very well be a video issue specific to some cards (I know it occurs on at least two different Radeon cards). But still, it's a bit frustrating because none of these problems existed in 0.8.2 and that would seem to suggest something was changed in 0.9.0 to cause or reveal this bug.

I've posted a bug report:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1827834&group_id=48857&atid=454373

Here are some screenshots:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd188/LoneHiker/Trees.jpg
      http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd188/LoneHiker/Moon.jpg
      http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd188/LoneHiker/Ocean.jpg

Mike

• Chazz
      Chazz
      2007-11-07

10-Q for the screenshots. I've just posted this repor.
      I have no problems with 0.8.2 too.

• Matthew Gates
        Matthew Gates
        2007-11-07

I commented the bug report. You weren't logged in when you made the report, so you won't get an update notification by email. You can opt-in to receive email updates in future by logging in and clicking the "monitor" button in the bug report.

My response is not very satisfying to me, and probably not to you either. Sorry about that, but I can't re-produce the problem, and must assume it is specific to your video hardware / driver combination. We have a lot of bugs with ATI drivers, some of which can be solved by updating the driver, but not all. I hope a driver update helps.

Matthew

• LoneHiker
          LoneHiker
          2007-11-07

Hi Matthew,

What do you mean by "commented"? I notice the bug report is no longer there.

Mike

• Matthew Gates
            Matthew Gates
            2007-11-07

The bug is there, but the status is set to pending, meaning that the next step is for the poster of the bug (i.e. report success or failure of the suggestion).

Matthew

• LoneHiker
            LoneHiker
            2007-11-07

Nevermind. The link to it still works and now I see it in the list.

Mike

• Chazz
      Chazz
      2007-11-10

Mike, try Salt Lake Sity landscape (from Wiki).
      It looks corrupted on my stellarium, with colorful strips all over. %)

• LoneHiker
        LoneHiker
        2007-11-10

Oh man, that's messed up on my system. >:)

I'm guessing it's because the textures aren't power of two.

Mike

• barrykgerdes
      barrykgerdes
      2007-11-10

Hi Mike

The original saltlake city landscape had some minor discrepencies in the power of 2, This did not worry ver 0.8.0 when I first put it together so it was not noticed.
      When I tried it with ver 0.9.0 it went haywire. so I reprocessed the textures to a size of 512x256 this fixed the problem. Horizontal size is critical and must be exactly power of 2. Vertical is not so stringent.

Check the size of the textures. They should be 512x256. If not you have the early incorrect version. I can provide the later version if required.

Barry

• john
      john
      2007-11-16

Hi all

Since this is a landscape thread I thought I'd post my problem here. I downloaded Ares and Jantarmantar landscapes, but on my Stallarium I see only a white screen. All the preloaded landscapes are fine. I wonder what's the problem.

john

• Chazz
      Chazz
      2007-11-16

Check the suggestion above for texture resolution.
      Maybe the problem is same, say if it doesn't works.

• barrykgerdes
      barrykgerdes
      2007-11-16

Hi John

I have not checked those two landscapes but if they are spherical and greater that 2048X1024 they may not load due to video display limitations. Load them into a graphics processor program (the Gimp) and reduce the size. Resolution will suffer but it will reveal the problem.

I re-made some of the spherical landscapes that were too big into old_style landscapes. This kept the resolution and allowed display on a limited graphics card.

Barry

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments