Darker Bolder constellation lines

Feedback
Anonymous
2014-01-21
2014-01-26

• Anonymous
    2014-01-21

Hello there,

I would like to make the Constellation lines bolder, so that they stand out more prominently. How would I do that?

Thank you

• Anonymous
    2014-01-21

I saw the previous post about this topic where it was mentioned that the line color could be changed. I found the config.ini and have tried some different values but the color doesn't seem to be changing much.

Would you have some settings where the lines could be completely white or completely red?

Thank you.

• Anonymous
    2014-01-21

I tried both changes in Default - config.ini - const_lines color.

I saved the changes.

But no changes in color when I opened Stellarium.

It looks like there are several places to change the value in that .ini line, so I think I am not doing something right.

Could you please send me the complete line change from beginning to end for the color change to white?

Thank you.

• Anonymous
    2014-01-21

I read it and tried the alterations.

I tried all kinds of combinations and no change, which is why I am asking if you would just write out the complete line in its context with the other lines before and after for a white color change, so that I can eliminate that as a place where I am making some kind of error.

Thank you very much.

• Anonymous
    2014-01-22

Config.ini entry

const_boundary_color = 0.3,0.1,0.1
    const_lines_color = 0.13,0.19,0.24

for white use =1.0,1.0,1.0
    for red use =1.0,0.0,0.0

If this does not work make sure you a using the correct config.ini under [color]

Barry

• barrykgerdes
    barrykgerdes
    2014-01-22

config.ini entry

[color]
    const_boundary_color = 0.3,0.1,0.1
    const_lines_color = 0.13,0.19,0.24

For white use = 1.0,1.0,1.0
    For red use = 1.0,0.0,0.0

If this does not work make sure you are using the correct config.ini in your user area

Barry

• Anonymous
    2014-01-24

Hi Barry,

I must not be doing something correct because I see no changes.

I am using the Data Folder-default config.ini Configuration settings. Correct?

I am making the changes in Notepad and saving those changes. The changes show as correctly saved.

Anything else I need to do?

Thank you

Jeff

• Anonymous
    2014-01-26

Thank you very much for your help.

I eventually found the correct file path to the correct config.ini. The config .ini to be changed is not in the Stellarium folder proper, but in the Stellarium User Data Directory in Documents and settings.

It is C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Stellarium. Or one of several possible variations thereof depending upon the OS.

The white line change is perfect. It appears 3 times as bold as the default lines and when a map is printed out, everything is now very legible.

Wonderful!

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments