How to create a plugin for control Telescope

Feedback
Thiago
2012-10-21
2013-07-16
  • Thiago
    Thiago
    2012-10-21

Hi I am a university student and I'm developing an automated telescope by two stepper motors, and would make the communication to its positioning through the stellarium, but was reading in stellarium site that requires a plugin for this communication. As I develop this plugin in the source code of the program to get some idea?
    Thanks for everyone's attention.

• Thiago
      Thiago
      2012-11-21

Hello, I'm sorry for the delay, our grup in the college was finishing the control boards of stepper motors and ending some motion control tests. Then I will describe the project, I'm using an equatorial mount with RA axis and another DE axis, was made a drive to control, a bridge HH, to control the stepper motors, we are using a microcontroller 8051 (89S51) to make the moves. Today the telescope is doing the two movements in manual mode, pressing a button it sends a signal to the motors, the program was made in assembler files.
      The compatibility issue for some programming languages ​​are different is not it?
      The necessary now is the communication of our control devices with stellarium. The plugin. Can someone explain to me how the works that are already ready?

I am very grateful for the help of everyone in this community who are helping everyone will have their names placed in our project, with this project we want to further expand the knowledge in astronomy for everyone.

Thank you all soon post the photos and the program we did.

• Thiago
      Thiago
      2012-11-21

I forgot one thing the stepper motors are 1.8 degrees, enough with this precision? what do you think?

thanks for the help!

• Anonymous
    2012-11-19

Hello.
    Can't find about protocol in these files...
    No much precision.
    Thanks

• barrykgerdes
    barrykgerdes
    2012-11-21

I gather you are using micro control of the stepper motors and a worm drive to the shafts. For a reasonably effective control you will need to use at least three pulses per arc second of telescope axis rotation. This method is quite well documented so you do not need to "re-invent the wheel"

The best way to implement computer control then is to use the Meade or Celestron protocol in your controller. That is you send a command to the telescope to read the position and it returns that information. This way will ensure that just about every computer planetarium program can control your telescope.

Barry

• Anonymous
    2013-03-29

hello everyone sorry for the delay again, I've had some progress on the project, has already been made of the drives stepper motors and the whole structure mechanics. Now the problem is the issue of communication, I chose to use the arduino, and am using the codes of this website: https://github.com/juanrmn/Arduino-Telescope-Control for me based on schedule and now must adapt to this schedule my drive, because this project uses the EasyDrive for stepper motor drives.
    Later I will post pictures of the project, he's not dead yet hehe!
    Thanks for everyone's help!

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments