Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Stellarium terminates

Feedback
Anonymous
2013-07-15
2013-07-25

• Anonymous
    2013-07-15

Hi all,
    I think I have a local problem but no idea why. I worked with 0.11.4 and it worked fine. When I for example mark Saturn and then increase it I can see a fine picture of Saturn. Now with 0.12.1 and also with 0.12.2RC1 I can mark Saturn then when trying to increase it Stellarium terminates. I work with win-XP and if this would really be a problem I think there would be a bug-fix for it because its one of the main functions. So I think the problem is in front of the keyboard but no idea why. Does anyone have an idea?
    regards Juergen

• Anonymous
    2013-07-15

just some news: its ok when it runs in FALLBACK MODE .. whatever it means.

• barrykgerdes
    barrykgerdes
    2013-07-15

Sounds like a video display problem. This is going to be an increasing problem with improvements to OpenGl. The video display makers are no longer supporting XP so the latest improvements to stellarium that are calling for these features don't always work.

I have no bother with XP using an intel display but this computer with ATI has no support for XP.

Barry

• Anonymous
    2013-07-25

Hello,

I cannot run Stellarium with an Intel board under Win XP, and I'm looking for an AMD FirePro board (computer purchased in 2011). But I'am afraid that the provider doesn't upgrade the drivers for XP.

I upgraded the driver of my old computer I gave to my children which is equiped with an old ATI board. Now the board supports OpenGL 2.1, the computer is now very fast even when I don't use Stellarium. But many times Stellarium crashes for unknown reason.

I think last version of Stellarium is not compatible anymore with XP, exept in some special configurations. Only my laptop accepts Stellarium 0.12.1 under XP, which gives a compatibility ratio of only 33%. Whereas the 3 graphic boards are fully compatible with OpenGL 2.1.

Now I'm afraid we have to forgett Win XP, Stellarium is just the beginning.

Best regards,

Jean-Pierre.

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments