Mathew
2012-08-09
2013-03-09
  • Mathew
    Mathew
    2012-08-09

When adding or subtracting solar days, the default is Earth's mean 24-hour
    solar day. But if I'm viewing from Mars, for example, a mean 24-hour Earth
    solar day advancement isn't of much use. It would be cool to have an option to
    advanced by "mean sols" based on the planet you're viewing from.

• Mathew
    Mathew
    2013-03-09

I received the "fixed released" notification in the bug tracker a few weeks ago;
    [see https://bugs.launchpad.net/stellarium/+bug/1035635 ]
    but only got around to installing the latest version of Stellarium today, ver 0.12.0 (so my apologies for the delay with this follow-up.)

Anyway, just some FYI—
    The "add 1 solar day" function does not seem to work properly on any given planet. On whatever planet I'm viewing from, the "add 1 solar day" feature advances just less than 1 solar day (i.e., the sun will appear to "move" eastward with each "plus 1 solar day" button push.)

At first I thought maybe it was an equation-of-time issue, but that doesn't seem to be the case. That is, if we're talking mean solar days, then a rapid advancement (read: simply holding the button down) should show the sun make an analemma in the sky (or if using apparent solar days, then a rapid advancement should show the sun move north-to-south [and back] while remaining on its current meridian.) But that's not happening at all.

Last edit: Mathew 2013-03-09
  • Alexander Wolf
    Alexander Wolf
    2013-03-09

Please try 0.12.1beta2 - I'm fixed my stupid errors in solar and sidereal days.

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments