Stellarium v. 0.13.0 downloads from SourceForge and installs but will not run

Feedback
Anonymous
2014-07-23
2014-07-31

• Anonymous
    2014-07-23

I never had any trouble with Stellarium v. 0.12.??. After receiving e-mail notification of the availability of v. 0.13.0, I downloaded from SourceForge.net and installed v. 0.13.0. Everything proceeded normally. When I try to launch Stellarium, a Windows message pops up immediately reporting that Stellarium has stopped working. A second Windows message then pops up saying that Windows will close the program and notify me if there is a solution. I have not received a notice from Windows with a solution. I subsequently removed the previous version of Stellarium thinking that might be the problem and tried again. Same result. Then I removed the installed Stellarium v. 0.13.0 and repeated the process several times of downloading v. 0.13.0, installing, launching, experiencing failure of the program and removing it when the program would not run. Every time I got the same result. It will not run. I tried to recapture the previous version so that I could use the older program once more, but my repeated steps of installing and removing apparently left me with only prior installations of v. 0.13.0 and I could not go back to V. 0.12.??. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am installing on an HP Laptop with Windows 7 (up to date) both Win.32 and Win.64. My security software is Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 (up to date), but I am not getting any warnings from Kaspersky when I download and install v. 0.13.0. Help!

• Anonymous
      2014-07-25

I have just tried to install Stellarium v.0.13.0 and I have found the same problem as you (my laptop runs Windows 7 32 bits)

• Anonymous
    2014-07-25

I Have same problem Windows 7 64

• Anonymous
    2014-07-26

Same problem W7 64

• Anonymous
    2014-07-28

I also have downloaded the update to my laptop running vista with all protections installed.Everything seemed to download ok until i accessed the program,it loaded up to the current time and date and scenery but as soon as i try to pan around the sky or initiate a search the screen goes black.The only way to close the program is via task manager,can someone help with this problem as i use it on a daily basis for locating comets etc.

• Alexander Wolf
    Alexander Wolf
    2014-07-28

How we can help you if you don't give us any technical information? Where is latest run log of Stellarium?!? We don't telepathists.

Last edit: Alexander Wolf 2014-07-28

• Anonymous
      2014-07-28

I am not very technically minded,what information is it that you require and i will send it to you.Cheers Neil

• Alexander Wolf
        Alexander Wolf
        2014-07-28

facepalm Start -> Programs -> Stellarium -> Last run log

I want this file.

• Anonymous
          2014-07-29

2014-07-29T14:16:09
          Windows Vista
          Compiled using MinGW GCC 4.8.0
          Qt runtime version: 5.2.1
          Qt compilation version: 5.2.1
          Addressing mode: 32-bit
          Total memory: 2047 MB (unreliable)
          Total virtual memory: 2047 MB (unreliable)
          Physical memory in use: 50%
          Processor speed: 2094 MHz
          Processor name: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz
          Processor speed: 2094 MHz
          Processor name: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz
          C:\Program Files\Stellarium\stellarium.exe

[ This is Stellarium 0.13.0 - http://www.stellarium.org ]
          [ Copyright (C) 2000-2014 Fabien Chereau et al ]

Writing log file to: "C:\Users\NEIL\AppData\Roaming\Stellarium\log.txt"
          File search paths:
          0 . "C:\Users\NEIL\AppData\Roaming\Stellarium"
          1 . "."
          Config file "C:\Users\NEIL\AppData\Roaming\Stellarium\config.ini" does not exist. Copying the default file.
          Config file is: "C:\Users\NEIL\AppData\Roaming\Stellarium\config.ini"
          OpenGL versions supported: "1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 2.0, 2.1"
          Driver version string: "2.1.8664"
          GL vendor is "ATI Technologies Inc."
          GL renderer is "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4600 Series"
          Cache directory is: "C:\Users\NEIL\AppData\Local\stellarium\stellarium\cache"
          Sky language is "en_AU"
          Application language is "en_AU"
          Loading Solar System data ...
          Found an old starsConfig.json file, upgrade..
          Creates file "C:\Users\NEIL\AppData\Roaming\Stellarium\stars\default\starsConfig.json"
          Loading star data ...
          "Loading ".\stars\default\stars_0_0v0_5.cat": 0_0v0_2; 4963"
          "Loading ".\stars\default\stars_1_0v0_5.cat": 1_0v0_2; 21598"
          "Loading ".\stars\default\stars_2_0v0_5.cat": 2_0v0_2; 150090"
          "Loading ".\stars\default\stars_3_1v0_3.cat": 3_1v0_3; 428466"
          Finished loading star catalogue data, max_geodesic_level: 3
          navigation/preset_sky_time is a double - treating as jday: 2.45151e+06
          "StelPainter: Warnings while linking starShader shader program:
          Fragment shader(s) linked, vertex shader(s) linked.
          "
          Loaded 10051 NGC records
          Loading NGC name data ...
          Loaded 416 / 416 NGC name records successfully
          "StelPainter: Warnings while linking atmosphere shader program:
          "
          Loading star names from ".\skycultures\western\star_names.fab"
          Loaded 237 / 237 common star names
          Loading star names from ".\stars\default\name.fab"
          Loaded 4359 / 4359 scientific star names
          Loading variable stars from ".\stars\default\gcvs_hip_part.dat"
          Loaded 6886 / 6886 variable stars
          Loaded 88 / 88 constellation records successfully for culture "western"
          Loaded 85 / 85 constellation art records successfully for culture "western"
          Loaded 89 / 89 constellation names
          Loading constellation boundary data ...
          Loaded 782 constellation boundary segments
          Intializing basic GL shaders...
          "StelPainter: Warnings while linking basicShaderProgram shader program:
          "
          "StelPainter: Warnings while linking colorShaderProgram shader program:
          "
          "StelPainter: Warnings while linking texturesShaderProgram shader program:
          "
          "StelPainter: Warnings while linking texturesColorShaderProgram shader program:
          "
          Creating GUI ...
          Loaded plugin "Satellites"
          Creating directory "C:\Users\NEIL\AppData\Roaming\Stellarium\modules\Satellites"
          Satellites::init satellites.json does not exist - copying default file to "C:\Users\NEIL\AppData\Roaming\Stellarium\modules\Satellites\satellites.json"
          Satellites::init copied default satellites.json to "C:\Users\NEIL\AppData\Roaming\Stellarium\modules\Satellites\satellites.json"
          Satellites::init copied default qs.mag to "C:\Users\NEIL\AppData\Roaming\Stellarium\modules\Satellites\qs.mag"
          Satellites: loading catalog file: "C:\Users\NEIL\AppData\Roaming\Stellarium\modules\Satellites\satellites.json"
          Unable to find module called "TimeZoneConfiguration"
          Loaded plugin "TimeZoneConfiguration"
          getProcAddress: Unable to resolve 'glProgramParameteri'
          Satellites: starting Internet update...
          Satellite added: "02802" "SL-8 R/B"
          Satellites::saveTleMap() writing to: "C:\Users\NEIL\AppData\Roaming\Stellarium\modules\Satellites\satellites.json"
          Satellites: update finished. 665 / 665 updated, 1 added, 0 missing or removed. 840 source entries parsed.
          Unloaded plugin "TimeZoneConfiguration"
          Unloaded plugin "Satellites"
          Downloaded 0 files (0 kbytes) in a session of 65.699 sec (average of 0 kB/s + 0 files from cache (0 kB)).

• Alexander Wolf
            Alexander Wolf
            2014-07-29

Can you run Stellarium and press F11 to switching in windowed mode? Have it same issue?

• Anonymous
              2014-07-29

Yes the same issues are there in window mode-also in both modes the sky view is down about 10mm from the top of the screen which also has the effect that the controls at the bottom of the screen are not fully visible,only about 20% of them can be seen - Neil

• Alexander Wolf
                Alexander Wolf
                2014-07-29

• Anonymous
                  2014-07-29

Program downloaded ok and previous issues have gone but I am now having trouble with the sky scanning in a jerking motion when I try to pan in any direction.Another problem I have encountered is when I go to the solar system editor to download orbital elements for comets from the MPC's list of observable comets,Microsoft visual c++ runtime library tells me the application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way then another window opens telling me the program has stopped and they will try to find a solution then closes the program - Neil

• Anonymous
                  2014-07-31

Do you have any further solutions to the problems i am having or will i follow it up on your last post to see if there is any software available from the makers of the GPU that my computer is running or do you think it has other issues - Neil

• Anonymous
    2014-07-30

Great, this works on Win7 - there were lots of missing letters in menu, very low performance and almost always freezing. Now it works great.

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments