type = spherical
    maptex = Adderstonefield.png
    angle_rotatez = 329.9414
    [location]
    planet = Earth
    latitude = +54d17'49"
    longitude = 0d38'37"
    altitude = 230

It's a good landscape and I've tried a variety of ways to add fog, using maptex_fog and fogtex, with both fog.png and fogridge.png (which is particularly photo realistic and very effective as thin horizon clouds) but nothing I've tried works. I see in the Customising Landscapes wiki that the Grossmugl landscape which is spherical has reference to fog, and I've also tried a setup using similar entries, but of course with 'fog.png' or 'fogridge.png' and without an 'illum' file which I don't have. But no joy.

My own landscape works fine, but it's an 'old_style' type.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Peter Vasey.

• barrykgerdes
    barrykgerdes
    2014-03-22

That is interesting
    Control of the fog is in the landscapes menu using the details from the landscape.ini file
    However this function does not work for Spherical or fisheye landscapes. There is no fog instruction in their landscape.ini files nor does adding them have any effect.

I don't normally use the spherical landscapes because I have turned them into old style to get better resolution as my video does not handle larger than 4096 x 2048

I also have fog turned off by default so I have not noticed it before.

Barry

Last edit: barrykgerdes 2014-03-22
    • Alexander Wolf
      Alexander Wolf
      2014-03-22

However this function does not work for Spherical or fisheye landscapes. There is no fog instruction in their landscape.ini files nor does adding them have any effect.

Spherical landscapes contains landscape/maptex_fog attribute in trunk. I guess this feature should work in 0.13.0alphaX versions.

• barrykgerdes
    barrykgerdes
    2014-03-22

in version 0.13.0 the only spherical to show fog is grossmugl. The older ones don't. They may need to have their ini files amended. Grossmugl does not work in version 0.12.4 and is such low resolution it is only useful as a sample of the newer features of version 0.13.0

Barry

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments