Symbian or Win Mobile version-will it happen?

Feedback
2009-03-13
2013-10-25
  • Peter Angelov
    Peter Angelov
    2009-03-13

Sorry for creating 2 threads but they are quite different.My question is simple - do you plan to make version of stellarium for symbian or windows mobile? This is great application and having it on my mobile phone will greately help me during my observations.

• Bogdan Marinov
      Bogdan Marinov
      2009-03-14

(Note: I'm not part of Stellarium's developer team.)

I don't think so. Currently the developers are preoccupied with fixing bugs and moving towards v.1.0.0. Adapting Stellarium for the limited capabilities of mobile devices will be a rather time-consuming task. Though in theory, it would be easier than rewriting it from scratch - Stellarium is built on Qt and OpenGL, and both Symbian and Windows Mobile support a version of Qt and OpenGL ES.

Anyway, why would you need a photo-realistic sky on the tiny screen of a mobile device? Stellarium is more a "sky show" than a "sky map" application. ;)

Recently there was a similar question about Pandora:
      https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=20090311170151.5c926f73%40pc1.local&forum_name=stellarium-pubdevel

Porting Stellarium for Pandora looks a bit more feasible, but again, it depends on finding someone willing to spend time and other resources to do it.

• Anonymous
    2013-10-25

estaria buenisimo una version para mobiles porque de esa manera tendriamos una rapida consulta de que es lo que estamos viendo sin tener que andar con una tablet a todos lados

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments