Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

statsvn without working copy on local system

JADE ZHANG
2008-10-23
2013-04-25
  • JADE ZHANG
    JADE ZHANG
    2008-10-23

Hi,

Is it possible to use statsvn tool even there is no working copy on local system? The reason is there is not enough space on
    a pc to have working copy of all the code.

Here is the build.xml I used: Please look at path attribute. I put a url instead of a local path to working copy and get "directory does not exist" exception.

<statsvn
            path="https://cscr-main-cluster-1.csd200a.com/svn/cscr-main-cluster-1/trunk/PrintGadget/"
            log="C:\codechurntool\trylog.log"
            outputDir="testsvn"
    exclude="MergeModules/**"
            include="**/*.cpp;**/*.c;**/*.h;**/*.sln;**/*.vcproj;**/*.js;**/*.htm;**/*.html;**/*.xml"
            title="StatSVN"/>

• Jason Kealey
      Jason Kealey
      2008-10-23

No this is not possible. Checkout your most important subfolder and run StatSVN on that.

Thanks,
      Jason

• JADE ZHANG
      JADE ZHANG
      2008-10-23

Can I run this tool on subversion server?

• Jason Kealey
        Jason Kealey
        2008-10-23

Only if the server has it checked out locally :)

• JADE ZHANG
          JADE ZHANG
          2008-10-23

What does it mean when you say "Only if the server has it checked out locally".

I am thinking login to subversion server (not sure what platform it runs on - unix?). Since all source code resides on server, I can put a physical path into build.xml path attribute. what do you mean check out?

• Jason Kealey
            Jason Kealey
            2008-10-23

You would have to check out the code as a client, on the server. Therefore, the server would be running, and you would do daily checkouts into another folder on that same computer.

• JADE ZHANG
      JADE ZHANG
      2008-10-23

so basically, I need to have a working copy of the source code on the same server, right?

• Jason Kealey
        Jason Kealey
        2008-10-23

Yes