shoyab
2013-01-04
2013-06-12
  • shoyab
    shoyab
    2013-01-04

while executing email service in STAF/STAX, I am getting an error called

530, authentication required

I searched for this but I didn't get clear solution. Some one provided java code for this issue but I don't know what to do with that. Can any provide me any solution for this. And below is my config file:

# Turn on tracing of internal errors and deprecated options
    trace enable tracepoints "error deprecated"

# Enable TCP/IP connections
    interface ssl library STAFTCP option Secure=Yes option Port=6550
    interface tcp library STAFTCP option Secure=No option Port=6500

# Set default local trust
    trust machine local://local level 5

# Add default service loader
    serviceloader library STAFDSLS

#Machine Nickname
    MACHINENICKNAME neominds

TRUST DEFAULT LEVEL 5

TRUST LEVEL 5 MACHINE neominds://neominds

TRUST LEVEL 5 MACHINE tcp://192.168.10.5

TRUST LEVEL 5 MACHINE ssl://192.168.10.5

service email library JSTAF execute /usr/local/staf/services/email/STAFEmail.jar parms "MAILSERVER smtpout.asia.secureserver.net"

service stax library JSTAF execute /usr/local/staf/services/stax/STAX.jar OPTION JVMNAME=STAX OPTION J2=-Xmx512m PARMS CLEARLOGS Enabled

service event library JSTAF execute /usr/local/staf/services/stax/STAFEvent.jar

service cron library JSTAF execute /usr/local/staf/services/cron/STAFCron.jar OPTION JVMNAME=Cron OPTION J2=-Xrs

set maxqueuesize 10000

Thanks

• Sharon Lucas
    Sharon Lucas
    2013-01-04

It appears from the error message "550 authentication required" that the MAILSERVER (smtpout.asia.secureserver.net) that you specified when you configured the Email service in your STAF.cfg file requires authentication.  This means that you need to specify the AUTHUSER and AUTHPASSWORD options when submitting a SEND request to the EMAIL service.  These options are talked about in section "SEND" in the Email Service User's Guide at http://staf.sourceforge.net/current/email.html#Header_Send.  For example:

STAF local EMAIL SEND TO personal_user@personal_email.com FROM work_user@company.com MESSAGE "fyi…" SUBJECT "Test" AUTHUSER work_user AUTHPASSWORD work_pwd

Make sure that you are using the latest version of the Email server (V3.3.6) as it contains support for SMTP authentication via the AUTHUSER and AUTHPASSWORD options.

• shoyab
    shoyab
    2013-01-07

Thanks for reply but it doesn't solved still

command:
    staf local email send to shoyab@neominds from shoyab@neominds message "Hello welcome to STAF/STAX" subject "TEST" AUTHUSER Shoyab AUTHPASSWORD shoyab123

Error:
    Error submitting request, RC: 4501
    Additional info

501 invalid LOGIN encoding

command:
    staf local email send to shoyab@neominds from shoyab@neominds message "Hello welcome to STAF/STAX" subject "TEST" AUTHUSER Shoyab AUTHPASSWORD !!@shoyab123@!!

Error:
    staf local email send to shoyab@neominds from shoyab@neominds message "Hello welcome to STAF/STAX" subject "TEST" AUTHUSER Shoyab AUTHPASSWORD staf local email send to shoyab@neominds from shoyab@neominds message "Hello welcome to STAF/STAX" subject "TEST" AUTHUSER Shoyab AUTHPASSWORD shoyab123@shoyab123@staf local email send to shoyab@neominds from shoyab@neominds message "Hello welcome to STAF/STAX" subject "TEST" AUTHUSER Shoyab AUTHPASSWORD shoyab123
    Error submitting request, RC: 7
    Additional info

You may have no more than 1 instances of option SEND

Thanks

• Sharon Lucas
    Sharon Lucas
    2013-01-07

Your mail server appears to not work with the STAF Email service (perhaps it is expecting different information when using SMTP-AUTH to send e-mail).  Note that the mail servers that I use do not allow authentication.  It's possible more tweaking needs to be done in the STAF Email service to get it to work with mail servers like yours.  Feel free to look at the Email service source code and make changes and submit a patch.  Also, see my responses to a similar forum posting at https://sourceforge.net/projects/staf/forums/forum/104046/topic/6354466.

• shoyab
    shoyab
    2013-01-08

Thanks for your response slucas