From: Lee Manickum <lmanickum@cs...> - 2008-10-09 16:46:18
Below is a list of the changes I made in order to try to debianise staden. No changes other than whats here were done.
1. Created debian file structure for building within the staden 1.7.0 sources.
2. Changed debian/rules:
1. Added stadenroot variable
2. Added MACHINE variable
3. Added targets that sources the staden.profile script
4. Added in variable that stores name of included Makefile
5. Created above Makefile
6. Includes the file created by staden.profile for all the
variables defined in staden.profile
3. Changed staden.profile file:
1. Added a test before export MACHINE variable to prevent overriding
a user-set MACHINE variable.
2. Added check for STADENROOT variable so that user is warned when
sourcing the profile without first setting the STADENROOT variable
(sourcing is stopped)
3. Created a variable containing filename of debian include makefile
4. Created above file containing all the variables in staden.profile
(For #3 and #4 above, see the comments at the end of the file)
4. Created src/mk/debian.mk file to build the system.
1. Added all the io_lib subdirs as include paths
2. Added both tk and tcl dirs to include path
3. Added licence dir to include path
4. Added LICENCE variable
5. Fixed error in src/io_lib/Makefile for target 'depend'. io_lib headers are
now sought in the correct place.
6. Installed libcurl3-dev (BUILD-DEP).
7. Installed tk-dev (BUILD-DEP, made no difference).
8. Removed tk-dev (wasn't making a difference)
9. Installed curl (BUILD-DEP).
*** As far as possible I avoided touching the codebase itself, I preferred
*** to only mess about with the build process (as changes to the codebase
*** may break the build on other systems but changes to the build process
*** has been restricted to those changes that won't affect other systems).
*** However, some things have to be changed in the code sooner or later,
*** such as the filenames in include directives that should really
*** should be include directives for the system path and not relative
*** include directives. "Fixing" this in this release would almost certainly
*** break the compilation pass of the build process on existing working
*** - lee
*** Unfortunately, some changes had to be made to the staden build files
*** in order to get it to compile. These changes are documented here.
1. Changed check_licence.o from object list in src/tk_utils/Makefile
as the check_licence.c file is no longer there. I found it in src/licence
so the src/licence/ dir is used for the building of check_licence.o
2. Had to do the same for
1. Fix the hardwired include paths - should be system paths
Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
+27 12 841 2774 (Reception)
+27 12 841 2775 (Office)
This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard.
The full disclaimer details can be found at http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner,
and is believed to be clean. MailScanner thanks Transtec Computers for their support.