staden-2.0.0b4-src compilation Error

2010-02-10
2013-04-18
  • Hi, All,

I am trying to compile 'staden-2.0.0b4-src', I created a directory called build.myhost, everything was OK with ../configure, and most of the 'make' process was OK, but then I got the following messages. Can anyone tell me what's wrong? Thanks in advance! Fred

gcc -g -O2  -I/include -I/include -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/root/staden/staden-2.0.0b4-src/build.myhost/../prefinish -I/root/staden/staden-2.0.0b4-src/build.myhost/../Misc -I/root/staden/staden-2.0.0b4-src/build.myhost/../gap4 -I/root/staden/staden-2.0.0b4-src/build.myhost/../g -I"/usr/include/tk-private/generic" -I"/usr/include/tk-private/unix" -I"/usr/include/tk-private/generic/ttk" -I"/usr/include/tcl-private/generic" -I"/usr/include/tcl-private/unix" -I/usr/local/include -I/root/staden/staden-2.0.0b4-src/build.myhost/../tk_utils -I/root/staden/staden-2.0.0b4-src/build.myhost/../seq_utils -I/root/staden/staden-2.0.0b4-src/build.myhost/../primer3/src  -I/root/staden/staden-2.0.0b4-src/build.myhost  -fPIC  -o insert_size_dist.o -c /root/staden/staden-2.0.0b4-src/build.myhost/../prefinish/insert_size_dist.c
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/root/staden/staden-2.0.0b4-src/build.myhost/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH gcc  -g -L/root/staden/staden-2.0.0b4-src/build.myhost/lib  -o insert_size_dist insert_size_dist.o  -lg   -lgap   -ltext_utils -L/usr/lib -ltk8.5 -L/usr/lib -ltcl8.5   -lmisc  -L/usr/lib -ltcl8.5  -lm  -ldl
    /root/staden/staden-2.0.0b4-src/build.myhost/lib/libtk_utils.so: undefined reference to `png_set_PLTE@PNG12_0'
    /root/staden/staden-2.0.0b4-src/build.myhost/lib/libtk_utils.so: undefined reference to `png_set_IHDR@PNG12_0'
    /root/staden/staden-2.0.0b4-src/build.myhost/lib/libtk_utils.so: undefined reference to `png_write_end@PNG12_0'
    /root/staden/staden-2.0.0b4-src/build.myhost/lib/libtk_utils.so: undefined reference to `png_write_row@PNG12_0'
    /root/staden/staden-2.0.0b4-src/build.myhost/lib/libtk_utils.so: undefined reference to `png_create_write_struct@PNG12_0'
    /root/staden/staden-2.0.0b4-src/build.myhost/lib/libtk_utils.so: undefined reference to `png_init_io@PNG12_0'
    /root/staden/staden-2.0.0b4-src/build.myhost/lib/libtk_utils.so: undefined reference to `png_write_info@PNG12_0'
    /root/staden/staden-2.0.0b4-src/build.myhost/lib/libtk_utils.so: undefined reference to `png_destroy_write_struct@PNG12_0'
    /root/staden/staden-2.0.0b4-src/build.myhost/lib/libtk_utils.so: undefined reference to `png_malloc@PNG12_0'
    /root/staden/staden-2.0.0b4-src/build.myhost/lib/libtk_utils.so: undefined reference to `png_set_compression_level@PNG12_0'
    /root/staden/staden-2.0.0b4-src/build.myhost/lib/libtk_utils.so: undefined reference to `png_free@PNG12_0'
    /root/staden/staden-2.0.0b4-src/build.myhost/lib/libtk_utils.so: undefined reference to `png_create_info_struct@PNG12_0'
    collect2: ld Return 1
    make: ***  Error 1
    make: ***  Error 2
    make: Leaving directory `/root/staden/staden-2.0.0b4-src/build.myhost/prefinish'

• James Bonfield
    James Bonfield
    2010-02-10

Could you please tell me what operating system and version you are using?

Thanks,

James

• I was running the Red-Flag Linux Version 6.0 sp2 (very similar to Redhat Linux), CPU is Pentium 4 2.4 GHz. The kernel version is 2.6.27.10.

• This was an error on my part in both the configure script and also the source. The best solution is to install the libpng-devel and to also add an explicit -with-png=/usr to the configure. (Without this it sometimes ended up linking against -lz instead of -lpng due to a typo of mine).

The next release has this fixed and is in preparation. I hope to put it on the site next week.