Installation on Snow Leopard

2010-03-29
2013-04-18
  • Hi,

I am trying to install from the source code on a MacBook  Pro running OSX 10.6.2.

The configure suns OK, but when I try to run make I get the following error messages:

uwsclient-163-23:staden-2.0.0b6-src wgallin$ make
    cd Misc && make -f /Users/wgallin/Downloads/staden-2.0.0b6-src/./Misc/Makefile   BUILD=/Users/wgallin/Downloads/staden-2.0.0b6-src SRC=/Users/wgallin/Downloads/staden-2.0.0b6-src/./Misc SUBDIR=Misc all
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/staden-2.0.0b6-src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/staden-2.0.0b6-src  -fno-common   -o crash.o -c crash.c
    In file included from misc.h:8,
                     from crash.c:1:
    os.h:337:1: warning: "be_int8" redefined
    os.h:325:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
    os.h:338:1: warning: "be_int4" redefined
    os.h:326:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
    os.h:339:1: warning: "be_int2" redefined
    os.h:327:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
    os.h:342:1: warning: "le_int8" redefined
    os.h:330:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
    os.h:343:1: warning: "le_int4" redefined
    os.h:331:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
    os.h:344:1: warning: "le_int2" redefined
    os.h:332:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
    os.h:356:2: error: #error Must only define one of SP_BIG_ENDIAN and SP_LITTLE_ENDIAN in Makefile
    make: ***  Error 1
    make: ***  Error 2

It appears that configure is not capturing whether the platform is BIG_ENDIAN or LITTLE_ENDIAN, and so is trying to implement both in the os.h code file.

Is there a simple fix for this?

Thanks,

Warren Gallin

• James Bonfield
    James Bonfield
    2010-03-30

Does io_lib build for you?

In theory io_lib and the main staden package share a common os.h, with comparable configure setup. However they look to have diverged a bit more than I'd hoped. If io_lib builds then it's likely we can quite quickly get the main staden building on macosx again too.

• I just installed io_lib-1.12.2 from the STADEN sourceforge site and it built and installed without error.

I hope this helps.

Warren Gallin

• It does, thanks. Having compared the two configurations I can see some errors in the Staden os.h which sets endianness.

Please try replacing your Misc/os.h with the copy taken from subversion here:

http://staden.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/staden/staden/trunk/src/Misc/os.h?revision=2087

Unfortunately I still get other build problems related to dylib when I build on my Mac, but it's an ancient cast-off iMac running 10.3 on PPC hardware. I'll scrounge around and see if anyone locally is willing to give me remote access to a more modern intel mac system.

• James Bonfield
    James Bonfield
    2010-04-01

I've now managed to get remote access to someone elses Intel Mac running 10.5. From this I identified and fixed a number of problems and committed them back to Subversion. I need to do more experimenting before I make a new release to see what impact it has on other OSes, and that won't happen until after Easter.

However feel free to download from svn and try the latest code base, or if you're not comfortable with that then drop me an email and I'll send you a tarball of the latest source tree.

James

• Warren Gallin
    Warren Gallin
    2010-04-01

James,

I downloaded trunk from the SVN repository.

There was no configure file in the src directory, so I copied it over from the last release (Possible problem?)

I then ran configure, which seemed to work OK, but build failed with many error messages.  Below is a copy of the full terminal output starting with the configure command.  I hope this is of some use for debugging.  For the record, I am running Mac OS X v10.6.3, and am using Xcode 3.2.1 for developer tools.  Both ar ethe latest updates.

warren-gallins-macbook-pro:src wgallin$ ./configure -with-tklib=/System/Library/Tcl//tklib0.4 -with-iwidgets=/System/Library/Tcl/iwidgets4.0.2 -with-itcl=/System/Library/Tcl/8.5/itcl3.4/ -with-itk=/System/Library/Tcl/8.5/itk3.4
    checking for gcc… gcc
    checking for C compiler default output file name… a.out
    checking whether the C compiler works… yes
    checking whether we are cross compiling… no
    checking for suffix of executables…
    checking for suffix of object files… o
    checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler… yes
    checking whether gcc accepts -g… yes
    checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89… none needed
    checking for g++… g++
    checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler… yes
    checking whether g++ accepts -g… yes
    checking for gawk… no
    checking for mawk… no
    checking for nawk… no
    checking for awk… awk
    checking for curl-config… /usr/bin/curl-config
    checking for the version of libcurl… 7.19.7
    checking whether libcurl just needs -lcurl… yes
    checking whether libcurl is usable… yes
    checking for curl_free… yes
    checking how to run the C preprocessor… gcc -E
    checking for grep that handles long lines and -e… /usr/bin/grep
    checking for egrep… /usr/bin/grep -E
    checking for ANSI C header files… rm: conftest.dSYM: is a directory
    rm: conftest.dSYM: is a directory
    yes
    checking for sys/types.h… yes
    checking for sys/stat.h… yes
    checking for stdlib.h… yes
    checking for string.h… yes
    checking for memory.h… yes
    checking for strings.h… yes
    checking for inttypes.h… yes
    checking for stdint.h… yes
    checking for unistd.h… yes
    checking for inflateEnd in -lz… yes
    checking zlib.h usability… yes
    checking zlib.h presence… yes
    checking for zlib.h… yes
    checking for lzma_easy_buffer_encode in -llzma… no
    configure: WARNING: "-with-lzma specified
    configure: WARNING: "No functioning lzma found"
    configure: WARNING: No liblzma detected. Gap5 may be able to read some database. To fix this please install liblzma and rerun configure using the -with-lzma=DIR option.
    checking for png_create_write_struct in -lpng… no
    configure: WARNING: "-with-png specified
    configure: WARNING: "No functioning png found"
    configure: WARNING: No PNG library found. Gap4's Report Mutatations functionality will be absent.
    checking for bam_header_read in -lbam… no
    configure: WARNING: No functioning samtools found
    configure: WARNING: Gap5/tg_index will have reduced functionality
    checking for staden-io_lib-config… no
    checking for io_lib-config… /usr/local/bin/io_lib-config
    checking if io_lib version >= 1.12.2… yes
    checking for ANSI C header files… (cached) yes
    checking for sys/wait.h that is POSIX.1 compatible… yes
    checking fcntl.h usability… yes
    checking fcntl.h presence… yes
    checking for fcntl.h… yes
    checking limits.h usability… yes
    checking limits.h presence… yes
    checking for limits.h… yes
    checking for unistd.h… (cached) yes
    checking for zlib.h… (cached) yes
    checking for special C compiler options needed for large files… no
    checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files… no
    checking for _LARGEFILE_SOURCE value needed for large files… no
    checking for library containing cos… none required
    checking for popen… yes
    checking for X… no
    checking whether byte ordering is bigendian… no
    checking for correct TEA configuration… ok (TEA 3.7)
    checking for Tcl configuration… found /Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/tclConfig.sh
    checking for existence of /Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/tclConfig.sh… loading
    checking for Tk configuration… found /Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/tkConfig.sh
    checking for existence of /Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/tkConfig.sh… loading
    checking for ranlib… ranlib
    checking if 64bit support is requested… no
    checking if 64bit Sparc VIS support is requested… no
    checking if compiler supports visibility "hidden"… yes
    checking if rpath support is requested… yes
    checking system version… Darwin-10.3.0
    checking for dlopen in -ldl… yes
    checking for ar… ar
    checking if ld accepts -single_module flag… yes
    checking if ld accepts -search_paths_first flag… yes
    checking for required early compiler flags… none
    checking for 64-bit integer type… using long
    checking for Tcl public headers… /Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers
    checking for Tcl private include files… Using -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/unix"
    checking for Tk public headers… /Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers
    checking for X11 header files… /Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers
    checking for Tk private include files… Using -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/unix" -I""/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/xlib"" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/macosx"
    checking tklib directory… yes (/System/Library/Tcl//tklib0.4)
    checking iwidgets directory… yes (/System/Library/Tcl/iwidgets4.0.2)
    checking itcl directory… vers=/3004000/
    yes (/System/Library/Tcl/8.5/itcl3.4)
    checking itk directory… yes (/System/Library/Tcl/8.5/itk3.4)
    configure: creating ./config.status
    config.status: creating Makefile
    config.status: creating system.mk
    config.status: creating shlib.conf
    config.status: creating staden_config.h
    config.status: staden_config.h is unchanged

External packages used:
    curl:      via /usr/bin/curl-config
    zlib:      DIR (system)
    liblzma:   ***NOT FOUND***
    samtools:  ***NOT FOUND***
    io_lib:    via /usr/local/bin/io_lib-config
    Tcl:       via /Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/tclConfig.sh
    Tk:        via /Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/tkConfig.sh
    tklib:     /System/Library/Tcl//tklib0.4
    Iwidgets:  /System/Library/Tcl/iwidgets4.0.2
    Itcl:      /System/Library/Tcl/8.5/itcl3.4
    Itk:       /System/Library/Tcl/8.5/itk3.4

warren-gallins-macbook-pro:src wgallin$ make
    cd Misc && make -f /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/Makefile   BUILD=/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src SRC=/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc SUBDIR=Misc all
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o crash.o -c crash.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o date.o -c date.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o filenames.o -c filenames.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o files.o -c files.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o find.o -c find.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o shell.o -c shell.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o strings.o -c strings.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o usleep.o -c usleep.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o error.o -c error.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o xerror.o -c xerror.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o xalloc.o -c xalloc.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o vlen.o -c vlen.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o FtoC.o -c FtoC.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o getfile.o -c getfile.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o bitmap.o -c bitmap.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o array.o -c array.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o locks.o -c locks.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o array_arith.o -c array_arith.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o parse_db.o -c parse_db.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o dstring.o -c dstring.c
    gcc -dynamiclib -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -Wl,-single_module -current_version 2.0.0 -compatibility_version 2.0.0 -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common  -L/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/lib  -L/lib -prebind -headerpad_max_install_names -Wl,-search_paths_first  -o /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/lib/libmisc.dylib  crash.o date.o filenames.o files.o find.o shell.o strings.o usleep.o error.o xerror.o xalloc.o vlen.o FtoC.o getfile.o bitmap.o array.o locks.o array_arith.o parse_db.o dstring.o     -lm
    cd tk_utils && make -f /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils/Makefile   BUILD=/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src SRC=/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils SUBDIR=tk_utils all
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/usr/local/include -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/unix" -I""/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/xlib"" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/macosx" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/unix" -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./seq_utils   -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o cli_arg.o -c cli_arg.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/usr/local/include -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/unix" -I""/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/xlib"" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/macosx" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/unix" -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./seq_utils   -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o tclXkeylist.o -c tclXkeylist.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/usr/local/include -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/unix" -I""/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/xlib"" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/macosx" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/unix" -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./seq_utils   -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o tclXutil.o -c tclXutil.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/usr/local/include -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/unix" -I""/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/xlib"" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/macosx" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/unix" -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./seq_utils   -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o tcl_utils.o -c tcl_utils.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/usr/local/include -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/unix" -I""/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/xlib"" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/macosx" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/unix" -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./seq_utils   -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o tcl_debug.o -c tcl_debug.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/usr/local/include -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/unix" -I""/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/xlib"" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/macosx" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/unix" -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./seq_utils   -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o misc.o -c misc.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/usr/local/include -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/unix" -I""/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/xlib"" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/macosx" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/unix" -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./seq_utils   -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o init.o -c init.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/usr/local/include -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/unix" -I""/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/xlib"" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/macosx" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/unix" -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./seq_utils   -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o text_output.o -c text_output.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/usr/local/include -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/unix" -I""/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/xlib"" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/macosx" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/unix" -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./seq_utils   -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o tkRaster.o -c tkRaster.c
    tkRaster.c: In function ‘ConfigureRaster’:
    tkRaster.c:1401: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
    tkRaster.c: In function ‘ConfigDrawEnv’:
    tkRaster.c:2219: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
    tkRaster.c: In function ‘DrawEnvIndex’:
    tkRaster.c:2266: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
    tkRaster.c: In function ‘CreateDrawEnv’:
    tkRaster.c:2352: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
    tkRaster.c: In function ‘DestroyDrawEnv’:
    tkRaster.c:2380: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/usr/local/include -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/unix" -I""/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/xlib"" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/macosx" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/unix" -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./seq_utils   -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o tkRasterBuiltIn.o -c tkRasterBuiltIn.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/usr/local/include -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/unix" -I""/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/xlib"" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/macosx" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/unix" -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./seq_utils   -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o sheet.o -c sheet.c
    In file included from sheet.h:6,
                     from sheet.c:17:
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h: In function ‘XtVaCreateArgsList’:
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1181: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘_X_SENTINEL’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1195: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtDisplay’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1199: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtDisplayOfObject’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1203: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtScreen’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1207: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtScreenOfObject’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1211: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtWindow’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1215: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtWindowOfObject’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1219: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtName’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1223: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtSuperclass’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1227: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtClass’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1231: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtParent’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1236: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtMapWidget’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1240: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtUnmapWidget’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1249: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAddCallback’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1256: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtRemoveCallback’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1262: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAddCallbacks’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1268: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtRemoveCallbacks’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1273: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtRemoveAllCallbacks’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1280: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCallCallbacks’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1286: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCallCallbackList’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1291: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtHasCallbacks’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1304: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtMakeGeometryRequest’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1310: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtQueryGeometry’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1318: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCreatePopupShell’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1325: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘_X_SENTINEL’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1330: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtPopup’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1334: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtPopupSpringLoaded’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1340: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCallbackNone’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1346: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCallbackNonexclusive’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1352: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCallbackExclusive’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1356: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtPopdown’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1362: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCallbackPopdown’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1369: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtMenuPopupAction’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1377: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCreateWidget’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1385: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCreateManagedWidget’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1392: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘_X_SENTINEL’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1399: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘_X_SENTINEL’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1406: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCreateApplicationShell’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1415: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppCreateShell’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1423: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘_X_SENTINEL’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1433: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtToolkitInitialize’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1439: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtSetLanguageProc’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1450: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtDisplayInitialize’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1463: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtOpenApplication’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1475: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘_X_SENTINEL’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1487: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppInitialize’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1498: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘_X_SENTINEL’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1507: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtInitialize’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1518: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtOpenDisplay’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1522: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCreateApplicationContext’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1527: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppSetFallbackResources’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1531: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtDestroyApplicationContext’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1535: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtInitializeWidgetClass’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1539: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtWidgetToApplicationContext’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1543: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtDisplayToApplicationContext’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1547: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtDatabase’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1551: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtScreenDatabase’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1555: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCloseDisplay’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1564: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetApplicationResources’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1572: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘_X_SENTINEL’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1583: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetSubresources’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1593: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘_X_SENTINEL’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1599: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtSetValues’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1604: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘_X_SENTINEL’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1610: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetValues’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1615: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘_X_SENTINEL’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1623: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtSetSubvalues’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1630: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘_X_SENTINEL’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1638: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetSubvalues’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1645: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘_X_SENTINEL’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1651: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetResourceList’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1657: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetConstraintResourceList’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1701: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCheckpointTokenRec’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1701: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCheckpointToken’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1703: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘XtCheckpointToken’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1720: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppSetErrorMsgHandler’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1724: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtSetErrorMsgHandler’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1729: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppSetWarningMsgHandler’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1733: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtSetWarningMsgHandler’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1743: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppErrorMsg’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1752: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtErrorMsg’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1762: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppWarningMsg’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1771: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtWarningMsg’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1776: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppSetErrorHandler’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1780: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtSetErrorHandler’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1785: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppSetWarningHandler’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1789: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtSetWarningHandler’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1794: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppError’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1798: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtError’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1803: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppWarning’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1807: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtWarning’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1811: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppGetErrorDatabase’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1815: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetErrorDatabase’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1826: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppGetErrorDatabaseText’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1835: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetErrorDatabaseText’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1845: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtMalloc’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1850: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCalloc’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1855: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtRealloc’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1859: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtFree’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1897: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtNewString’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1910: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAddWorkProc’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1916: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppAddWorkProc’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1920: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtRemoveWorkProc’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1932: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetGC’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1941: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAllocateGC’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1949: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtDestroyGC’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1954: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtReleaseGC’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1961: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppReleaseCacheRefs’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1967: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCallbackReleaseCacheRef’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1973: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCallbackReleaseCacheRefList’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1979: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtSetWMColormapWindows’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1986: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtFindFile’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1997: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtResolvePathname’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2011: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtDisownSelection’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2020: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetSelectionValue’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2030: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetSelectionValues’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2035: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppSetSelectionTimeout’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2039: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtSetSelectionTimeout’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2043: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppGetSelectionTimeout’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2047: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetSelectionTimeout’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2053: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetSelectionRequest’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2062: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetSelectionValueIncremental’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2072: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetSelectionValuesIncremental’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2081: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtSetSelectionParameters’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2091: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetSelectionParameters’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2096: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCreateSelectionRequest’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2102: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtSendSelectionRequest’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2107: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCancelSelectionRequest’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2111: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtReservePropertyAtom’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2116: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtReleasePropertyAtom’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2125: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGrabKey’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2131: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtUngrabKey’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2139: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGrabKeyboard’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2144: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtUngrabKeyboard’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2156: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGrabButton’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2162: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtUngrabButton’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2173: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGrabPointer’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2178: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtUngrabPointer’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2184: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetApplicationNameAndClass’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2190: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtRegisterDrawable’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2195: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtUnregisterDrawable’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2199: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtHooksOfDisplay’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2206: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCreateHookDataRec’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2206: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCreateHookData’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2213: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtChangeHookDataRec’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2213: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtChangeHookData’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2219: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtChangeHookSetValuesDataRec’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2219: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtChangeHookSetValuesData’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2226: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtConfigureHookDataRec’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2226: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtConfigureHookData’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2234: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGeometryHookDataRec’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2234: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGeometryHookData’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2239: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtDestroyHookDataRec’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2239: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtDestroyHookData’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2245: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetDisplays’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2249: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtToolkitThreadInitialize’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2253: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppSetExitFlag’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2257: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppGetExitFlag’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2261: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppLock’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2265: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppUnlock’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2281: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToAcceleratorTable’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2290: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToAtom’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2299: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToBool’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2308: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToBoolean’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2317: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToCommandArgArray’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2326: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToCursor’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2335: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToDimension’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2344: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToDirectoryString’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2353: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToDisplay’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2362: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToFile’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2371: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToFloat’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2380: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToFont’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2389: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToFontSet’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2398: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToFontStruct’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2407: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToGravity’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2416: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToInitialState’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2425: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToInt’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2434: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToPixel’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2445: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToRestartStyle’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2454: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToShort’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2463: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToTranslationTable’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2472: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToUnsignedChar’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2481: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToVisual’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2492: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtIntToBool’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2501: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtIntToBoolean’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2510: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtIntToColor’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2521: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtIntToFloat’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2530: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtIntToFont’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2539: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtIntToPixel’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2548: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtIntToPixmap’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2559: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtIntToShort’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2568: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtIntToUnsignedChar’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2579: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtColorToPixel’
    In file included from sheet.c:17:
    sheet.h:8: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘SheetRow’
    sheet.h:9: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘SheetColumn’
    sheet.h:10: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘SheetHilight’
    sheet.h:42: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘SheetRow’
    sheet.h:46: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘sheet_array’
    sheet.h:46: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘sheet_array_struct’
    sheet.h:51: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘SheetHilight’
    sheet.h:52: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘sheet_ink’
    sheet.h:52: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘sheet_ink_struct’
    sheet.h:52: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XawSheetInk’
    sheet.h:54: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘sheet_paper’
    sheet.h:54: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘sheet_paper_struct’
    sheet.h:57: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘SheetRow’
    sheet.h:60: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘sheet_cursor’
    sheet.h:74: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘sheet_cursor’
    sheet.h:98: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘Sheet’
    sheet.h:100: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.h:101: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.h:102: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.h:103: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.h:104: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.h:105: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.h:138: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.h:140: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.h:142: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.h:143: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.h:144: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    In file included from /usr/include/inttypes.h:255,
                     from /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/os.h:18,
                     from /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/misc.h:8,
                     from sheet.c:18:
    /usr/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin10/4.2.1/include/stdint.h:40: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘uint8_t’
    /usr/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin10/4.2.1/include/stdint.h:45: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘uint16_t’
    /usr/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin10/4.2.1/include/stdint.h:50: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘uint32_t’
    /usr/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin10/4.2.1/include/stdint.h:55: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘uint64_t’
    /usr/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin10/4.2.1/include/stdint.h:59: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘int_least8_t’
    /usr/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin10/4.2.1/include/stdint.h:60: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘int_least16_t’
    /usr/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin10/4.2.1/include/stdint.h:61: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘int_least32_t’
    /usr/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin10/4.2.1/include/stdint.h:62: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘int_least64_t’
    /usr/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin10/4.2.1/include/stdint.h:63: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘uint_least8_t’
    /usr/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin10/4.2.1/include/stdint.h:64: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘uint_least16_t’
    /usr/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin10/4.2.1/include/stdint.h:65: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘uint_least32_t’
    /usr/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin10/4.2.1/include/stdint.h:66: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘uint_least64_t’
    /usr/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin10/4.2.1/include/stdint.h:70: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘int_fast8_t’
    /usr/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin10/4.2.1/include/stdint.h:71: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘int_fast16_t’
    /usr/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin10/4.2.1/include/stdint.h:72: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘int_fast32_t’
    /usr/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin10/4.2.1/include/stdint.h:73: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘int_fast64_t’
    /usr/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin10/4.2.1/include/stdint.h:74: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘uint_fast8_t’
    /usr/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin10/4.2.1/include/stdint.h:75: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘uint_fast16_t’
    /usr/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin10/4.2.1/include/stdint.h:76: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘uint_fast32_t’
    /usr/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin10/4.2.1/include/stdint.h:77: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘uint_fast64_t’
    /usr/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin10/4.2.1/include/stdint.h:97: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘intmax_t’
    /usr/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin10/4.2.1/include/stdint.h:106: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘uintmax_t’
    In file included from /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/os.h:18,
                     from /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/misc.h:8,
    /usr/include/inttypes.h:268: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘imaxabs’
    /usr/include/inttypes.h:272: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘intmax_t’
    /usr/include/inttypes.h:274: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘imaxdiv_t’
    /usr/include/inttypes.h:276: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘imaxdiv’
    /usr/include/inttypes.h:279: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘strtoimax’
    /usr/include/inttypes.h:280: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘strtoumax’
    /usr/include/inttypes.h:290: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘wcstoimax’
    /usr/include/inttypes.h:291: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘wcstoumax’
    In file included from /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/misc.h:8,
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/os.h:246: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘int1’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/os.h:247: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘uint1’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/os.h:252: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘int2’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/os.h:253: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘uint2’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/os.h:258: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘int4’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/os.h:259: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘uint4’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/os.h:261: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘int8’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/os.h:262: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘uint8’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/os.h:267: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘int_1’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/os.h:268: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘uint_1’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/os.h:269: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘int_2’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/os.h:270: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘uint_2’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/os.h:271: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘int_4’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/os.h:272: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘uint_4’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/os.h:281: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘f_int’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/os.h:282: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘f_implicit’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/os.h:283: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘f_proc_ret’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/os.h:286: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘int_f’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/os.h:287: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘int_fl’
    In file included from sheet.c:18:
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/misc.h:15: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘is_directory’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/misc.h:16: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘is_file’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/misc.h:17: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘file_exists’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/misc.h:18: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘file_size’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/misc.h:19: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘open_fofn’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/misc.h:20: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘read_fofn’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/misc.h:21: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘close_fofn’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/misc.h:22: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘fstrlen’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/misc.h:23: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘f2cstr’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/misc.h:24: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘c2fstr’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/misc.h:25: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘mystrtok’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/misc.h:26: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘myfind’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/misc.h:27: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘crash’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/misc.h:28: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘str_tolower’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/misc.h:29: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘str_toupper’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/misc.h:30: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘fn_tail’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/misc.h:31: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘fn_tolower’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/misc.h:32: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘fn_toupper’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/misc.h:33: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘shell_call’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/misc.h:34: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘date_str’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/misc.h:45: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘myusleep’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/misc.h:47: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘errout’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/misc.h:48: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘messout’
    sheet.c:22: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.c:23: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘a’
    sheet.c:24: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘create_array’
    sheet.c:25: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘a’
    sheet.c:26: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.c:42: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.c:62: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.c:76: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.c:112: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.c:148: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.c:209: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.c:227: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘{’ token
    sheet.c:251: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘a’
    sheet.c:257: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘create_array’
    sheet.c:274: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘a’
    sheet.c:290: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.c:347: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.c:383: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.c:518: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.c:586: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.c:685: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.c:714: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.c:755: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.c:808: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.c:851: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.c:893: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.c:933: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.c:981: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.c:1015: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.c:1053: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.c:1065: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.c:1089: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.c:1098: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.c:1123: error: old-style parameter declarations in prototyped function definition
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1180: error: parameter name omitted
    sheet.c:1123: error: expected ‘{’ at end of input

• The src directory in svn doesn't have a configure no, instead it has things like configure.in and a bootstrap file which you run to do the list of autoconf commands to generate configure. However it hasn't changed since the 2.0.0b6 release so it's fine to copy it from there.

The X11 errors are particularly odd though as they appear to originate from within the X includes themselves. Maybe I need ot include something else before that, but if so only under MacOS X. I'll try and investigate, but it won't be until after Easter now.

James

• It sounds like maybe it's a new Snow Leopard thing due to a new gcc version, but I'm not in a position to test it out. Anyway try adding this right to the very start of sheet.c, before any #include:

#if defined(__GNUC__) && (__GNUC__ >= 4) 
    # define _X_SENTINEL(x) __attribute__ ((__sentinel__(x))) 
    # define _X_ATTRIBUTE_PRINTF(x,y) __attribute__((__format__(__printf__,x,y))) 
    #else 
    # define _X_SENTINEL(x) 
    # define _X_ATTRIBUTE_PRINTF(x,y) 
    #endif /* GNUC >= 4 */

This comes from here: http://hollaco.blogspot.com/

A google for this seems to imply the same bug is causing lots of programs to fail to compile. Their suggestion was to modify the xlib.h file itself, but obviously that isn't a good plan. I think the best bet would be to modify something in autoconf (say staden_config.h) for when the above defines are needed and ensure every affected .c file includes the config.h first before including any X includes.

James

• Warren Gallin
    Warren Gallin
    2010-04-01

James,

1) I went back and ran the bootstrap script to generate the configure file
    2) I inserted that code you suggested at the top of the sheet.c file
    3) ran ./configure with appropriate flags, which worked as previously
    4) ran make clean
    5) ran make

Looks like the same outcome, same errors.

So it appears that the code that was added in sheet.c is not doing anything?

Warren Gallin

Output from make is:

warren-gallins-macbook-pro:src wgallin$ make
    cd Misc && make -f /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/Makefile   BUILD=/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src SRC=/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc SUBDIR=Misc all
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o crash.o -c crash.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o date.o -c date.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o filenames.o -c filenames.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o files.o -c files.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o find.o -c find.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o shell.o -c shell.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o strings.o -c strings.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o usleep.o -c usleep.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o error.o -c error.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o xerror.o -c xerror.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o xalloc.o -c xalloc.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o vlen.o -c vlen.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o FtoC.o -c FtoC.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o getfile.o -c getfile.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o bitmap.o -c bitmap.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o array.o -c array.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o locks.o -c locks.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o array_arith.o -c array_arith.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o parse_db.o -c parse_db.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o dstring.o -c dstring.c
    gcc -dynamiclib -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -Wl,-single_module -current_version 2.0.0 -compatibility_version 2.0.0 -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common  -L/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/lib  -L/lib -prebind -headerpad_max_install_names -Wl,-search_paths_first  -o /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/lib/libmisc.dylib  crash.o date.o filenames.o files.o find.o shell.o strings.o usleep.o error.o xerror.o xalloc.o vlen.o FtoC.o getfile.o bitmap.o array.o locks.o array_arith.o parse_db.o dstring.o     -lm
    cd tk_utils && make -f /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils/Makefile   BUILD=/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src SRC=/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils SUBDIR=tk_utils all
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/usr/local/include -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/unix" -I""/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/xlib"" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/macosx" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/unix" -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./seq_utils   -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o cli_arg.o -c cli_arg.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/usr/local/include -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/unix" -I""/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/xlib"" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/macosx" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/unix" -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./seq_utils   -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o tclXkeylist.o -c tclXkeylist.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/usr/local/include -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/unix" -I""/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/xlib"" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/macosx" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/unix" -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./seq_utils   -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o tclXutil.o -c tclXutil.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/usr/local/include -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/unix" -I""/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/xlib"" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/macosx" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/unix" -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./seq_utils   -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o tcl_utils.o -c tcl_utils.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/usr/local/include -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/unix" -I""/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/xlib"" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/macosx" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/unix" -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./seq_utils   -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o tcl_debug.o -c tcl_debug.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/usr/local/include -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/unix" -I""/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/xlib"" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/macosx" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/unix" -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./seq_utils   -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o misc.o -c misc.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/usr/local/include -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/unix" -I""/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/xlib"" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/macosx" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/unix" -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./seq_utils   -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o init.o -c init.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/usr/local/include -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/unix" -I""/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/xlib"" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/macosx" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/unix" -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./seq_utils   -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o text_output.o -c text_output.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/usr/local/include -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/unix" -I""/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/xlib"" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/macosx" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/unix" -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./seq_utils   -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o tkRaster.o -c tkRaster.c
    tkRaster.c: In function ‘ConfigureRaster’:
    tkRaster.c:1401: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
    tkRaster.c: In function ‘ConfigDrawEnv’:
    tkRaster.c:2219: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
    tkRaster.c: In function ‘DrawEnvIndex’:
    tkRaster.c:2266: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
    tkRaster.c: In function ‘CreateDrawEnv’:
    tkRaster.c:2352: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
    tkRaster.c: In function ‘DestroyDrawEnv’:
    tkRaster.c:2380: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/usr/local/include -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/unix" -I""/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/xlib"" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/macosx" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/unix" -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./seq_utils   -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o tkRasterBuiltIn.o -c tkRasterBuiltIn.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/usr/local/include -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/unix" -I""/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/xlib"" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/macosx" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/unix" -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./seq_utils   -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o sheet.o -c sheet.c
    gcc -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./tk_utils -I/usr/local/include -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/unix" -I""/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/xlib"" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/macosx" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/unix" -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./seq_utils   -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src  -fno-common   -o tkSheet.o -c tkSheet.c
    In file included from sheet.h:6,
                     from tkSheet.h:5,
                     from tkSheet.c:6:
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h: In function ‘XtVaCreateArgsList’:
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1181: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘_X_SENTINEL’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1195: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtDisplay’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1199: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtDisplayOfObject’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1203: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtScreen’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1207: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtScreenOfObject’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1211: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtWindow’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1215: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtWindowOfObject’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1219: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtName’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1223: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtSuperclass’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1227: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtClass’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1231: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtParent’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1236: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtMapWidget’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1240: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtUnmapWidget’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1249: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAddCallback’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1256: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtRemoveCallback’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1262: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAddCallbacks’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1268: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtRemoveCallbacks’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1273: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtRemoveAllCallbacks’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1280: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCallCallbacks’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1286: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCallCallbackList’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1291: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtHasCallbacks’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1304: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtMakeGeometryRequest’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1310: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtQueryGeometry’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1318: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCreatePopupShell’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1325: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘_X_SENTINEL’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1330: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtPopup’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1334: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtPopupSpringLoaded’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1340: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCallbackNone’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1346: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCallbackNonexclusive’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1352: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCallbackExclusive’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1356: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtPopdown’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1362: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCallbackPopdown’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1369: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtMenuPopupAction’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1377: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCreateWidget’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1385: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCreateManagedWidget’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1392: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘_X_SENTINEL’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1399: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘_X_SENTINEL’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1406: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCreateApplicationShell’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1415: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppCreateShell’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1423: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘_X_SENTINEL’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1433: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtToolkitInitialize’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1439: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtSetLanguageProc’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1450: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtDisplayInitialize’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1463: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtOpenApplication’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1475: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘_X_SENTINEL’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1487: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppInitialize’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1498: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘_X_SENTINEL’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1507: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtInitialize’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1518: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtOpenDisplay’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1522: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCreateApplicationContext’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1527: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppSetFallbackResources’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1531: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtDestroyApplicationContext’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1535: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtInitializeWidgetClass’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1539: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtWidgetToApplicationContext’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1543: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtDisplayToApplicationContext’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1547: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtDatabase’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1551: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtScreenDatabase’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1555: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCloseDisplay’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1564: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetApplicationResources’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1572: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘_X_SENTINEL’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1583: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetSubresources’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1593: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘_X_SENTINEL’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1599: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtSetValues’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1604: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘_X_SENTINEL’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1610: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetValues’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1615: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘_X_SENTINEL’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1623: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtSetSubvalues’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1630: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘_X_SENTINEL’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1638: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetSubvalues’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1645: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘_X_SENTINEL’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1651: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetResourceList’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1657: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetConstraintResourceList’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1701: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCheckpointTokenRec’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1701: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCheckpointToken’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1703: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘XtCheckpointToken’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1720: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppSetErrorMsgHandler’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1724: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtSetErrorMsgHandler’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1729: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppSetWarningMsgHandler’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1733: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtSetWarningMsgHandler’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1743: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppErrorMsg’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1752: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtErrorMsg’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1762: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppWarningMsg’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1771: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtWarningMsg’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1776: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppSetErrorHandler’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1780: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtSetErrorHandler’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1785: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppSetWarningHandler’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1789: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtSetWarningHandler’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1794: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppError’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1798: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtError’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1803: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppWarning’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1807: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtWarning’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1811: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppGetErrorDatabase’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1815: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetErrorDatabase’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1826: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppGetErrorDatabaseText’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1835: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetErrorDatabaseText’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1845: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtMalloc’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1850: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCalloc’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1855: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtRealloc’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1859: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtFree’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1897: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtNewString’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1910: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAddWorkProc’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1916: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppAddWorkProc’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1920: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtRemoveWorkProc’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1932: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetGC’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1941: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAllocateGC’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1949: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtDestroyGC’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1954: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtReleaseGC’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1961: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppReleaseCacheRefs’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1967: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCallbackReleaseCacheRef’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1973: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCallbackReleaseCacheRefList’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1979: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtSetWMColormapWindows’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1986: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtFindFile’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1997: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtResolvePathname’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2011: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtDisownSelection’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2020: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetSelectionValue’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2030: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetSelectionValues’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2035: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppSetSelectionTimeout’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2039: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtSetSelectionTimeout’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2043: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppGetSelectionTimeout’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2047: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetSelectionTimeout’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2053: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetSelectionRequest’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2062: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetSelectionValueIncremental’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2072: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetSelectionValuesIncremental’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2081: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtSetSelectionParameters’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2091: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetSelectionParameters’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2096: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCreateSelectionRequest’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2102: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtSendSelectionRequest’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2107: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCancelSelectionRequest’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2111: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtReservePropertyAtom’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2116: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtReleasePropertyAtom’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2125: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGrabKey’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2131: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtUngrabKey’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2139: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGrabKeyboard’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2144: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtUngrabKeyboard’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2156: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGrabButton’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2162: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtUngrabButton’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2173: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGrabPointer’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2178: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtUngrabPointer’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2184: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetApplicationNameAndClass’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2190: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtRegisterDrawable’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2195: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtUnregisterDrawable’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2199: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtHooksOfDisplay’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2206: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCreateHookDataRec’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2206: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCreateHookData’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2213: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtChangeHookDataRec’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2213: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtChangeHookData’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2219: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtChangeHookSetValuesDataRec’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2219: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtChangeHookSetValuesData’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2226: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtConfigureHookDataRec’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2226: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtConfigureHookData’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2234: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGeometryHookDataRec’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2234: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGeometryHookData’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2239: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtDestroyHookDataRec’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2239: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtDestroyHookData’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2245: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtGetDisplays’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2249: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtToolkitThreadInitialize’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2253: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppSetExitFlag’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2257: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppGetExitFlag’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2261: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppLock’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2265: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtAppUnlock’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2281: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToAcceleratorTable’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2290: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToAtom’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2299: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToBool’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2308: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToBoolean’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2317: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToCommandArgArray’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2326: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToCursor’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2335: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToDimension’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2344: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToDirectoryString’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2353: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToDisplay’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2362: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToFile’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2371: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToFloat’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2380: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToFont’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2389: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToFontSet’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2398: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToFontStruct’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2407: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToGravity’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2416: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToInitialState’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2425: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToInt’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2434: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToPixel’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2445: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToRestartStyle’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2454: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToShort’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2463: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToTranslationTable’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2472: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToUnsignedChar’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2481: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtStringToVisual’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2492: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtIntToBool’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2501: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtIntToBoolean’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2510: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtIntToColor’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2521: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtIntToFloat’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2530: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtIntToFont’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2539: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtIntToPixel’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2548: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtIntToPixmap’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2559: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtIntToShort’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2568: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtIntToUnsignedChar’
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:2579: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XtCvtColorToPixel’
    In file included from tkSheet.h:5,
    sheet.h:8: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘SheetRow’
    sheet.h:9: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘SheetColumn’
    sheet.h:10: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘SheetHilight’
    sheet.h:42: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘SheetRow’
    sheet.h:46: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘sheet_array’
    sheet.h:46: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘sheet_array_struct’
    sheet.h:51: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘SheetHilight’
    sheet.h:52: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘sheet_ink’
    sheet.h:52: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘sheet_ink_struct’
    sheet.h:52: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘XawSheetInk’
    sheet.h:54: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘sheet_paper’
    sheet.h:54: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘sheet_paper_struct’
    sheet.h:57: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘SheetRow’
    sheet.h:60: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘sheet_cursor’
    sheet.h:74: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘sheet_cursor’
    sheet.h:98: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘Sheet’
    sheet.h:100: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.h:101: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.h:102: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.h:103: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.h:104: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.h:105: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.h:138: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.h:140: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.h:142: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.h:143: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    sheet.h:144: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    In file included from tkSheet.h:8,
    tkSheet_struct.h:22: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘Sheet’
    In file included from tkSheet.c:6:
    tkSheet.h:9: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘tkSheet’
    tkSheet.h:11: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘*’ token
    In file included from /usr/include/stdlib.h:65,
                     from /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/xalloc.h:4,
                     from tkSheet.c:8:
    /usr/include/sys/wait.h:83: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘idtype_t’
    /usr/include/sys/wait.h:90: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘pid_t’
    /usr/include/sys/wait.h:95: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘id_t’
    In file included from /usr/include/machine/signal.h:34,
                     from /usr/include/sys/signal.h:81,
                     from /usr/include/sys/wait.h:116,
                     from /usr/include/stdlib.h:65,
    /usr/include/i386/signal.h:39: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘sig_atomic_t’
    In file included from /usr/include/i386/_structs.h:38,
                     from /usr/include/machine/_structs.h:31,
                     from /usr/include/sys/_structs.h:57,
                     from /usr/include/sys/signal.h:154,
    /usr/include/mach/i386/_structs.h:114: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘__darwin_fp_control_t’
    /usr/include/mach/i386/_structs.h:164: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘__darwin_fp_status_t’
    In file included from /usr/include/machine/_structs.h:31,
                     from /usr/include/sys/_structs.h:57,
                     from /usr/include/sys/signal.h:154,
    /usr/include/i386/_structs.h:91: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘mcontext_t’
    In file included from /usr/include/sys/signal.h:154,
    /usr/include/sys/_structs.h:218: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘stack_t’
    /usr/include/sys/_structs.h:227: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘ucontext_t’
    In file included from /usr/include/sys/wait.h:116,
    /usr/include/sys/signal.h:163: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘pthread_attr_t’
    /usr/include/sys/signal.h:168: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘sigset_t’
    /usr/include/sys/signal.h:178: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘uid_t’
    /usr/include/sys/signal.h:196: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘pthread_attr_t’
    /usr/include/sys/signal.h:204: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘pid_t’
    /usr/include/sys/signal.h:211: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘siginfo_t’
    /usr/include/sys/signal.h:301: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘…’ before ‘siginfo_t’
    /usr/include/sys/signal.h:302: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘sigset_t’
    /usr/include/sys/signal.h:311: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘sigset_t’
    /usr/include/sys/signal.h:354: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘sig_t’
    In file included from /usr/include/sys/wait.h:117,
    /usr/include/sys/resource.h:88: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘rlim_t’
    /usr/include/sys/resource.h:214: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘rlim_t’
    /usr/include/sys/resource.h:236: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘…’ before ‘id_t’
    /usr/include/sys/resource.h:242: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘…’ before ‘id_t’
    In file included from /usr/include/libkern/_OSByteOrder.h:66,
                     from /usr/include/sys/_endian.h:124,
                     from /usr/include/i386/endian.h:99,
                     from /usr/include/machine/endian.h:37,
                     from /usr/include/sys/wait.h:193,
    /usr/include/libkern/i386/_OSByteOrder.h:49: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘{’ token
    /usr/include/libkern/i386/_OSByteOrder.h:58: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘{’ token
    /usr/include/libkern/i386/_OSByteOrder.h:96: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘{’ token
    In file included from /usr/include/stdlib.h:65,
    /usr/include/sys/wait.h:255: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘pid_t’
    /usr/include/sys/wait.h:256: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘pid_t’
    /usr/include/sys/wait.h:258: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    /usr/include/sys/wait.h:261: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘pid_t’
    /usr/include/sys/wait.h:262: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘pid_t’
    In file included from /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/xalloc.h:4,
    /usr/include/stdlib.h:81: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘ct_rune_t’
    /usr/include/stdlib.h:86: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘rune_t’
    /usr/include/stdlib.h:100: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘div_t’
    /usr/include/stdlib.h:105: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘ldiv_t’
    /usr/include/stdlib.h:111: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘lldiv_t’
    /usr/include/stdlib.h:134: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘__mb_cur_max’
    /usr/include/stdlib.h:158: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘div_t’
    /usr/include/stdlib.h:163: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘ldiv_t’
    /usr/include/stdlib.h:167: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘lldiv_t’
    In file included from /usr/include/machine/types.h:37,
                     from /usr/include/stdlib.h:255,
    /usr/include/i386/types.h:78: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘int8_t’
    /usr/include/i386/types.h:80: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘u_int8_t’
    /usr/include/i386/types.h:83: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘int16_t’
    /usr/include/i386/types.h:85: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘u_int16_t’
    /usr/include/i386/types.h:88: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘int32_t’
    /usr/include/i386/types.h:90: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘u_int32_t’
    /usr/include/i386/types.h:93: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘int64_t’
    /usr/include/i386/types.h:95: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘u_int64_t’
    /usr/include/i386/types.h:98: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘register_t’
    /usr/include/i386/types.h:105: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘intptr_t’
    /usr/include/i386/types.h:109: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘uintptr_t’
    /usr/include/i386/types.h:114: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘user_addr_t’
    /usr/include/i386/types.h:115: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘user_size_t’
    /usr/include/i386/types.h:116: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘user_ssize_t’
    /usr/include/i386/types.h:117: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘user_long_t’
    /usr/include/i386/types.h:118: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘user_ulong_t’
    /usr/include/i386/types.h:119: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘user_time_t’
    /usr/include/i386/types.h:120: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘user_off_t’
    /usr/include/i386/types.h:128: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘syscall_arg_t’
    In file included from /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/xalloc.h:4,
    /usr/include/stdlib.h:258: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘dev_t’
    /usr/include/stdlib.h:263: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘mode_t’
    /usr/include/stdlib.h:267: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘u_int32_t’
    /usr/include/stdlib.h:291: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘char’
    /usr/include/stdlib.h:337: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘suboptarg’
    In file included from tkSheet.c:8:
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/xalloc.h:6: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘xmalloc’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/xalloc.h:7: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘xrealloc’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/xalloc.h:8: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘xcalloc’
    /Users/wgallin/Downloads/trunk/src/./Misc/xalloc.h:9: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘xfree’
    In file included from tkSheet.c:9:
    tcl_utils.h:17: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘tk_utils_defs’
    In file included from tkSheet.c:10:
    tkSheet_common.h:32: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘…’ before ‘tkSheet’
    tkSheet_common.h:41: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘…’ before ‘tkSheet’
    tkSheet_common.h:49: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘…’ before ‘tkSheet’
    tkSheet_common.h:62: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    tkSheet_common.h:63: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    tkSheet_common.h:69: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    tkSheet_common.h:75: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    tkSheet.c:19: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘…’ before ‘tkSheet’
    tkSheet.c:20: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘SheetConfigure’
    tkSheet.c:23: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘SheetWidgetCmd’
    tkSheet.c:26: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘configSpecs’
    tkSheet.c:26: error: parameter ‘configSpecs’ is initialized
    In file included from tkSheet.c:27:
    tkSheet_config.h:1: warning: braces around scalar initializer
    tkSheet_config.h:1: warning: (near initialization for ‘configSpecs’)
    tkSheet_config.h:1: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer without a cast
    tkSheet_config.h:1: warning: excess elements in scalar initializer
    tkSheet_config.h:2: warning: excess elements in scalar initializer
    tkSheet_config.h:2: warning: (near initialization for ‘configSpecs’)
    tkSheet_config.h:2: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘tkSheet’
    tkSheet_config.h:2: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘)’ token
    tkSheet_config.h:2: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘)’ token
    tkSheet_config.h:2: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘;’ before ‘)’ token
    tkSheet_config.h:2: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘,’ token
    tkSheet_config.h:4: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘,’ token
    tkSheet_config.h:7: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘,’ token
    tkSheet_config.h:10: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘,’ token
    tkSheet_config.h:13: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘,’ token
    tkSheet_config.h:16: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘,’ token
    tkSheet_config.h:19: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘,’ token
    tkSheet_config.h:22: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘,’ token
    tkSheet_config.h:25: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘,’ token
    tkSheet_config.h:28: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘,’ token
    tkSheet_config.h:31: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘,’ token
    tkSheet_config.h:34: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘,’ token
    tkSheet_config.h:37: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘,’ token
    tkSheet.c:30: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘,’ token
    tkSheet.c:31: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘;’ token
    tkSheet.c:35: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘*’ token
    tkSheet.c:42: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘{’ token
    tkSheet.c:53: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘tkSheet’
    tkSheet.c:64: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘{’ token
    tkSheet.c:120: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘…’ before ‘tkSheet’
    tkSheet.c:121: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘{’ token
    tkSheet.c:134: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘{’ token
    tkSheet.c:183: error: old-style parameter declarations in prototyped function definition
    /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1180: error: parameter name omitted
    tkSheet.c:183: error: expected ‘{’ at end of input

• James Bonfield
    James Bonfield
    2010-04-08

Getting back to this, I'm wondering if it is something to do with a clash between X11 and the "native" Tk on MacOS X. Your /usr/include/X11/Xfuncproto.h, which *should* be defining the _X_SENTINEL macro that triggered this issue. (If it doesn't then you have a problem with your xlib install.) However, I see that Tk ships with it's own copy of Xfuncproto.h that doesn't define this macro. I'm not sure under which cases Tk chooses to include it's own one. My guess is you also have /System/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers/X11/Xfuncproto.h or /Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers/X11/Xfuncproto.h on your system which is being used instead, hence triggering the errors.

Also note that I haven't tested the Staden Package using the macosx native (ie "aqua") Tk build, only the X11 one. It's possible that this is part of the problem too. The fact you have a lot of /Frameworks/Tcl and Tk implies you are using the aqua build. This isn't something I can test as I do not have a Mac on my desk and I cannot remotely run MacOS X applications (unless they are using X11).

The intel Mac I have remote access to has a Tk 8.5 build provided by http://www.macports.org/. When linked against this using -with-tcl and -with-tk configure options the package builds cleanly for me. I may be able to provide binaries soon, although they would still require these third party dependencies to be installed and I've no idea on compatibility between different OS releases.

• Warren Gallin
    Warren Gallin
    2010-04-27

James,
       I've worked through some of the problems, so the compile goes farther before stopping, with a different error message.
       I'm adding a fragment of the output with the last compile line followed by several lines of error - the error seems to cascade into a lot of consequent errors.  I think that the short answer is that the compile is looking for a directory /lib that does not exist on my computer.
        If I'm wrong, just let me know whether I should paste the full compile log and list of errors.  If I'm right, is that a problem on my end or a bug in the code?  And if it's on my end, can you suggest a fix?  Also, I note a lot of calls to directories in /Users/andreask, which of course doesn't exist on my machine - are these a problem or the residues of the developers' work?

Thanks for looking at this,

Warren Gallin

gcc -dynamiclib -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/src/./tk_utils -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/src/./Misc -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/src/./tk_utils -I/usr/local/include -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/unix" -I""/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/xlib"" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/macosx" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/unix" -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/src/./seq_utils   -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/src  -fno-common   -Wl,-single_module -current_version 2.0.0 -compatibility_version 2.0.0 -g -O2   -I/include  -DUSE_NON_CONST  -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/src/./tk_utils -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/src/./Misc -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/src/./tk_utils -I/usr/local/include -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/unix" -I""/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/xlib"" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tk/macosx" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers" -I"/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/PrivateHeaders" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/generic" -I"/Users/andreask/dbn/lba/night/builds/macosx-ix86/tcl/unix" -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/src/./seq_utils   -I/Users/wgallin/Downloads/src  -fno-common  -L/Users/wgallin/Downloads/src/lib  -L/lib -prebind -headerpad_max_install_names -Wl,-search_paths_first  -o /Users/wgallin/Downloads/src/lib/libtk_utils.dylib  cli_arg.o tclXkeylist.o tclXutil.o tcl_utils.o tcl_debug.o misc.o init.o text_output.o tkRaster.o tkRasterBuiltIn.o sheet.o tkSheet.o tkSheet_common.o trace_print.o postscript.o split.o tkTrace.o tkTraceComp.o tkTraceIO.o tkTraceDisp.o capture.o canvas_box.o ruler_tick.o restriction_enzyme_map.o element_canvas.o container.o container_ruler.o  -L/usr/local/lib -lstaden-read    -lcurl -lz -F/Library/Frameworks -framework Tk    -lpthread -framework CoreFoundation -framework Carbon -framework IOKit   -lpthread -framework CoreFoundation  -F/Library/Frameworks -framework Tcl   -lpthread -framework CoreFoundation  -F/Library/Frameworks -framework Tcl   -lpthread -framework CoreFoundation   -lmisc   -lz
    ld: warning: directory '/lib' following -L not found
    ld: warning: in /Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Tk, missing required architecture x86_64 in file
    ld: warning: in /Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Tcl, missing required architecture x86_64 in file
    Undefined symbols:
      "_Tcl_DeleteHashTable", referenced from:
          _DestroyRaster in tkRaster.o
      "_XSetClipRectangles", referenced from:
          _DisplayRaster in tkRaster.o
      "_Tk_DestroyWindow", referenced from:

and so on for many more lines.

• James Bonfield
    James Bonfield
    2010-04-28

I think this is still because you're trying to link against a native Aqua Tcl/Tk distribution, which is hinted at by the /Library/Frameworks locations. It may be possible to get this to work with modification, but the Staden Package has only ever been built as an X-Windows program and not an Aqua native program. As such you need to download and install the X11 version of tcl/tk and specify that path for your -with-tcl and -with-tk pathnames. When I did that the code seemed to compile cleanly on MacOS X.

James

• Warren Gallin
    Warren Gallin
    2010-04-28

James,

I went back and installed the Tk and Tcl 8.5.1 using the unix rather than the macosx configure and make, and explicitly linked the compile against those, and the compiled ran to completion with only warnings, no errors, and was successfully installed.

So now I have trouble running gap4.
    When I invoke it I get the following error:

warren-gallins-macbook-pro:~ wgallin$ gap4
    no suitable image found.  Did find:
    /usr/local/bin/../lib/staden/libtk_utils.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture
    NSCreateObjectFileImageFromFile() error: not a Mach-O MH_BUNDLE file
        while executing
    "load $env(STADLIB)/${lib_prefix}tk_utils${lib_suffix}"
        (file "/usr/local/bin/../share/staden/tcl/gap/gap.tcl" line 494)

So it looks to me lie I broke something while cleaning things up to compile.  Do you have any suggestions?  I am not expert enough to tell from reading the code what file is missing.

Thanks for all your help.

Warren Gallin

• James Bonfield
    James Bonfield
    2010-04-29

You'd need to do a complete rebuild after reconfiguring. Hopefully it would have done this, but perhaps not. Ie "make spotless"  and then your "make" to build it.

The error seems to be implying you're mixing architectures somehow, but I don't see how that's possible. If you downloaded binaries for something like Tk then it's possible you get 32-bit ones and need 64-bit, or vice versa, or got PowerPC binaries and need Intel ones, etc.  I'm clutching at straws though as I don't know why you get this message. Does the X11 Tk work for you? Ie running wish should bring up an X11 window (albeit a blank one). When building purely from source though I don't see how it's possible to end up with the wrong architecture short of deliberately adding cross-compilation options.

What architecture is this? "uname -a" I think will tell you.

• JanoschG
    JanoschG
    2010-05-06

Hello,
    changed recently also to 10.6.2 and wanted to get Staden running again (had it under mac osx 10.4.x). Run into the very same problems as described here.
    So, I got two questions..
    … will there be a fix so the latest Staden package will run under mac osx 10.6.2?
    … or would it better to download one of the older versions? Or would this just be as problematic as the issue seems to be on the mac osx-side?
    I have to add my unix-skills are somewhat basic.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Janosch

• James Bonfield
    James Bonfield
    2010-05-07

Whether to use an old version mainly depends on whether you need Gap5 for editing of illumina/solid assemblies (or larger 454 ones - gap4 can cope with the smaller data sets). If not then the old binaries you had on 10.4 will probably still run on 10.6. Not that I've tested it though.

I'll try and make sure the next version builds better on Mac OS X, but not I do not have access to 10.6, only 10.5. This is via a remote login to someone elses system so I cannot test it running while sat on the box itself, but remote X11 should be a sufficient test.

• Thanks for your answer, James. gap4 is just fine for me (at the moment). Installed Staden package 1.6 and its running fine.
    Thanks for all the effort and improving Staden!

Janosch