Install on OS X

2011-03-28
2013-04-18
  • Hi,

I'm trying to install staden 2.0.0b8 from source with some success. Staden seems to work fine until I remove the build directory, is there any easy solution to fix this linking problem? The file missing can be found in  '/usr/local/staden//lib/staden/libmisc.dylib' as well.

Best regards,
    Oscar

spin      
    dlopen(/usr/local/staden/bin/../lib/staden//libtk_utils.dylib, 10): Library not loaded: /Users/oscar/Projects/staden/staden-2.0.0b8-src/lib/libmisc.dylib
      Referenced from: /usr/local/staden/bin/../lib/staden//libtk_utils.dylib
      Reason: image not found
        while executing
    "load $env(STADLIB)/${lib_prefix}tk_utils${lib_suffix}"
        (file "/usr/local/staden/bin/../share/staden/tcl/spin/spin.tcl" line 244)

• James Bonfield
    James Bonfield
    2011-03-30

That seems to imply a -rpath issue perhaps. Did you change -prefix after build and before an install?

You can also try a full rebuild (do a make clean first) by reconfiguring using -disable-rpath. Ironically rpath support was added to make it easier to find libraries, but sometimes it does a very good job of obscuring them too.

Of course it may not be rpath at fault.  I believe there are some object dump tools to query such things from a dynamic library.  Try "otool" or "lipo" tools on the libtk_utils.dylib file to find out more information on linking. I can't recall the exact options you need though.