Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

building problem - missing file: tkCanvas.h

Jake
2006-01-06
2013-04-18
  • Jake
    Jake
    2006-01-06

While trying to make Staden1-6-0 on suse 9.3 Error message tkCanvas.h doesn't exist occurs. Despite searching around both filesystem and yast, the file was not found.
    This is not the problem of files being somewhere else than expected by the build process - encountered few of those, and our IT magicians solved that.

I was trying to compile only because of getting 'load_alignment_matrix' error while starting gap4,  but it was already solved by information from this forum.

Jakub Hadam
    Dept.Plant Pathology, KSU

message of the tkCanvas.h error follows (if more information is needed, I'll provided them):

tkCanvGraph.c:5:22: tkCanvas.h: No such file or directory
    tkCanvGraph.c: In function `DisplayGraph':
    tkCanvGraph.c:1791: error: `TkCanvas' undeclared (first use in this function)
    tkCanvGraph.c:1791: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
    tkCanvGraph.c:1791: error: for each function it appears in.)
    tkCanvGraph.c:1791: error: syntax error before ')' token
    tkCanvGraph.c:1791: error: `UPDATE_SCROLLBARS' undeclared (first use in this function)
    make[2]: *** [linux-binaries/tkCanvGraph.o] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/hadam/src/staden-src-1-6-0/src/tk_utils'
    make[1]: *** [tk_utils] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/hadam/src/staden-src-1-6-0/src'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

• James Bonfield
      James Bonfield
      2006-01-10

To build you need quite a few third party libraries. The tkCanvas.h is in src/tk8.4.6/generic/ once installed. I use src/Makefile.thirdparty to obtain and install these extra tools, although it's a bit scary and maybe somewhat system specific.

James