Report mutations output is in black/white

2005-10-03
2013-04-18
  • Hi,

I've been using Staden already for quite some time however most of the staden functions are still a mystery for me.

I especially use it for mutation detection (using the trace difference function).
    I am now trying to use the 'report mutations' function and it really looks great. However the output-file (index...) and pictures are all in black-white. Is there a setting/function I need to change to get my sequences in this report in colour?

Tnx a lot for this great software package.
    Ivo

• James Bonfield
      James Bonfield
      2005-10-03

This is a bizarre one, but it's due to the Tk implementation on Windows. From recollection it's emulation of the X windows XCopyArea function only accepts 1 plane (ie 2-colour) so I put a hack in the code to use 2-colour mode for windows and 256 colour for everything else.

To fix this requires knowledge of how Tk has been written and of the underlying win32 api it builds around, which unfortunately is outside of my area of expertise.

James

• So there will not be a short time solution for this...
      I'll do it the manual way then (as I did in the past).

Regards
      Ivo

PS: I'm using windows XP don't know if this is (part of) the cause...

• James Bonfield
      James Bonfield
      2005-10-06

Unfortunately your summary is correct. And yes Windows XP (or any MS Windows system) is, if not the "cause", it is the determining factor between b/w and colour PNG images.

James