Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Mac OS X and Staden (again)

robK
2005-06-14
2013-04-18
  • robK
    robK
    2005-06-14

Hello - I've been through all the discussion threads I could find on this and still haven't figured out how to get my Mac running OS X Tiger (or panther before I upgraded it) to recognise the staden.profile file and run the staden applications in an X11 terminal. In my .bashrc file I have:
    STADENROOT=/Users/me/staden_macosx.0
    export STADENROOT
    .$STADENROOT/staden.profile
    but when I open an X11 window I get this response:
    bash: ./Users/me/staden-macosx-1-5-3/staden.profile: No such file or directory
    obviously this is not quite right and I also cannot get any programs to run from the command line in Terminal from the mac-osx directory:
    -bash: gap4: command not found
    Possible problems I could think of are 1) I am not the administrator but hadn't thought that necessary for setting up staden; 2) the Staden package needs to be installed somewhere else; 3) it cannot find the libraries necessary

Can anyone please help me?

• James Bonfield
      James Bonfield
      2005-06-15

You need a space between the "." and the "$STADENROOT".

"." in sh or bash parlance is like csh's "source" command. It basically runs the named script as if those commands were typed in to the shell.

James