I have just published the new code. The work was mainly done on the VRRP
synchronization instance policy to speed up takeover when using many instances.
The ChangeLog for the release is :
2002-06-13 Alexandre Cassen <acassen@...>
* keepalived-0.6.1 released.
* Aneesh Kumar, <aneesh.kumar@...> and I added support to
Cluster Infrastructure checkers. Providing HA-LVS for their cluster
project (http://ci-linux.sourceforge.net/). The new checker added
provide a derivation to the internal CI healthcheck mechanism.
* Enhanced the Kernel netlink reflector to drive global healthcheckers
activity. The policy implemented here is : If healthchecker is
test on a service that belong to a VIP not owned by the
the healthchecker is suspended. This suspend/active state is
usefull if runing VRRP for HA => That way the backup LVS will
the realserver pool since LVS VIP is owned by master LVS.
* Cosmetics patches into the vector lib.
* VRRP : Rewrote the previous VRRP synchronization instance policy.
Created a new config block called "vrrp_sync_group" that define VRRP
instances synchronization dependences. That way we replace the
"by-pair" sync approach by this "by-group" approach. This can be
for firewall HA with many NICs. Created a dedicated framework to
* VRRP : Added support to CIDR notation for VRRP VIPs definitions
=> VRRP VIPs definition like a.b.c.d/e. By default "e" value is
set to 32.
* VRRP : Added support to multicast source IP address selection
=> "mcast_src_ip" keyword. Can be usefull for strongly filtered env.
The mcast group subscription is done using the NIC default IP
mcast_src_ip is used if specified.
* VRRP : Enhanced the link media failure detection. Added support
new kernel SIOCETHTOOL probing for ETHTOOL_GLINK command. New
use this ETHTOOL interface to report link failure activity. During
bootstrap a probe is done to determine the proper polling method to
use for link media failure detection. The policy used is : probe for
SIOCGMIIREG if not supported then try SIOCETHTOOL GLINK probe,
use a ioctl SIOCGIFFLAGS polling function mirroring kernel NIC
localy reflected representation.
* Ramon Kagan, <rkagan@...> and I updated the UserGuide.pdf.
All comments are welcomes,
LinuxVirtualServer.org mailing list - lvs-users@...
Send requests to lvs-users-request@...
or go to http://www.in-addr.de/mailman/listinfo/lvs-users