From: Paul Lesniewski <paul@sq...> - 2008-12-04 05:53:23
The SquirrelMail team is happy to announce the release of version 1.4.17. The
most notable change is a security fix that prevents certain specially-crafted
hyperlinks within messages from executing cross-site scripting attacks. For
other details, see the ReleaseNotes file included in this release. We advise
all users of SquirrelMail software to upgrade.
The latest release can be downloaded from the SquirrelMail website at
*** The SquirrelMail team can use your help! ***
We consist of volunteers developing the most popular open source webmail
client available. We're looking for people to join our team to help keep
our product quality high and to continue to deliver new and enhanced features.
Our project offers an interesting challenge at the intersection of the IMAP,
SMTP and HTTP protocols.
What can you do to help? Any of the following:
* Develop new features: help out on making SquirrelMail "skinnable" or work
with new technologies
* Help sort and fix bugs: interact with submitters, find test cases and
solutions to bugs
* Support our users by answering questions on the mailing lists or the IRC
* Translate SquirrelMail into your language
* Donate to the developers: feed us nuts!
For more details, please refer to http://www.squirrelmail.org/howtohelp
The SquirrelMail Development Team