I recently updated our squirremail to 1.4.0 cvs and heard almost right away
from someone using netscape 4.7 that they could no longer see their message
list. Instead of telling them to upgrade i just decided to go through and
fix the HTML (NS 4.x is infamous for not displaying pages with broken
Attached is a patch for display_message.php which makes (the output of)
right_main.php *almost* 100% valid html (according to http://validator.w3.org
the only thing still "wrong" is the little xhtml " />" on the end of the
I also moved the <form> and </form> tags outside of the main table, so it's
now basically <form><table>buttons and messages and junk</table></form>. I
think this is a much cleaner way to go instead of embedding the form tags
inside of tables. I removed all the tab characters in the code as well.
These changes didn't affect the display of the right_main.php list in mozilla.
I'm not in a good position to be able to check it on IE, but i'm pretty sure
it'll look the same too.
Hope this is cool (commitable). If so, i can start going through some of the
other files as well.
HOSTBABY.COM - web hosting for musicians
Ryan O'Neill - ryan@...